Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using GPT in SD Card (LS1028ARDB)

Jump to solution
igor_franco
Contributor IV

Hello,

I'm studying the different kind of partition tables to be used with SD Card/eMMC on an evaluation board LS1028ARDB. I know that the most common is the MBR partition table, which uses only the first block of the memory. I notice in the Layerscape Software Development Kit User Guide document that is necessary to write the RCW + PBI + BL2 in the block 8 of the SD Card/eMMC, what is not a problem using the MBR. However, when the GPT is used, the initial valid LBA is the block 34. If I write the RCW + PBI + BL2 starting on block 8 again, the GPT parition table appears as corrupted. Is it possible to change the start block of the processor to start in block 34, allowing the usage of a GPT partition table?

Thank you in advance,

Igor

0 Kudos
1 Solution
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>  Is it possible to change the start block of the processor to start in block 34

This is not possible because only 8 is specified in the internal non-volatile microcode as RCW starting block.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>  Is it possible to change the start block of the processor to start in block 34

This is not possible because only 8 is specified in the internal non-volatile microcode as RCW starting block.

0 Kudos
igor_franco
Contributor IV

Thank you fedor, so any partition table that uses more than 8 blocks will never work.

I marked as correct answer.

0 Kudos