cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTC implementation in LS2088A

prashantsoni
Contributor I

Hi NXP team, 

For LS2088A, How to do the RTC- Battery Backed design implementation.

What are voltages required by the internal RTC module when we are working with standby(battery) voltage. 

#ls2088A‌ #rtc 

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Have a great day,

Please see 

https://community.nxp.com/thread/496429

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

prashantsoni
Contributor I

Hi Serguie, 

Still that is not providing any solution for the issue.

We want to use a battery , and the RTC_CLK is on OVDD level , so we need to provide the OVDD voltage to processor also for operate rtc in battery backup mode.

0 Kudos

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

>For LS2088A, How to do the RTC- Battery Backed design implementation.

>What are voltages required by the internal RTC module when we are working with standby(battery) voltage. 

I think it is related to the battery backed RTC which as you can see has been de-featured.

> We want to use a battery , and the RTC_CLK is on OVDD level

Please describe more clearly what do you want. I am not sure what do you mean as RTC_CLK. The LS2088A reference manual (rev.0) and datasheet (rev.1) do not mention RTC_CLK.

0 Kudos

prashantsoni
Contributor I

Hi Serguei, 

We want to implement RTC in backup mode. If LS2088 board power is off , still with standby power ie a coin cell we want to run RTC. This we want to implement, so any suggestion for this.

0 Kudos

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I think you can use external RTC chip with I2C interface. For example the LS2088ARDB board has DS3232 as external RTC (https://datasheets.maximintegrated.com/en/ds/DS3232.pdf )

0 Kudos