cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1046A watchdog timeout

zy_mooncity
Contributor III

Hi folks,

I'm Writing driver for ls1046 watchdog timer for VxWorks. I setup the watch dog 1 as the step:

val = CSR_READ_2 (pDrvCtrl, WDOG_WCR);
    val &= ~WDOG_WCR_WT_MASK;                            /* 1. clear the old time out */
    val &= (UINT16)(~(WDOG_WCR_WDE));                  /* 2. disable watch dog */
    val |= (UINT16)WDOG_SEC_TO_COUNT(peroid);    /* 3. set time out */
    CSR_WRITE_2 (pDrvCtrl, WDOG_WCR, val);

val |= (UINT16)(WDOG_WCR_WDE);                       /* 4. enable watch dog */
    CSR_WRITE_2 (pDrvCtrl, WDOG_WCR, val);

([WDOG1] bit in DEVDISR5 register is set to 0 to enable watch dog 1 module before I set the watch dog)

I set 2s timeout in the WCR register and did not feed the watch dog, and I could see 2s timeout and the [WDE] bit was set successfully. After 2s or longer, I checked the Watchdog Reset Status Register (WRSR) to see the reset information. I did not see the [TOUT] bit is set.

If I set [SRS] bit in WCR register, I could see the [SFTW] bit in WRSR register was set.

Seems that the watch dog time out does not work. Any hint? Thanks.

Regards

Yun

Labels (1)
4 Replies

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Two points to consider:

1) The core WDOG timers expiry signals are used to raise reset request to external world (RESET_REQ_B output of the SoC). Is the RESET_REQ_B assertion properly handled?

2) Refer to the LSDK watchdog driver to doublecheck the initialization settings:

imx2_wdt.c\watchdog\drivers - qoriq-components/linux - Linux Tree for QorIQ support 

0 Kudos

imurillo_s
Contributor I

Hello,

I have a simmilar problem. I am trying to use the WD over uboot, just to check its functionality.When I activate the watchdog, It reset our board but the WDOGx_WRSR register does not change (its status is 0010h after WD reset). The commands that I use in uboot are:

mw.b 0x2A70000 0x4 1

mw.b 0x2A70001 0x34 1

## the board resets after the 2.5s

md.b 0x2A70004 2

## the output is 0010h

I have check with the HW departement and the RESET_REQ_B assertion properly handled.

Also, if I set [SRS] bit in WCR register, I could not see the [SFTW] bit in WRSR register as set.

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos

zy_mooncity
Contributor III

Hi ufedor,

Thank you for the reply. I'm asking the hardware engineer to check the hardware design.

I found that there are two statements in Ls0146ARM "all WDOG modules use 32 KHz clock, driven at device input RTC pin for their counters (section 35.1) " and "the low frequency reference clock is a free-running clock and can't be gated (section 35.2)".

Is that to say there is no to enable WDOG_n gate clock in Device Disable Register 5 (DEVDISR5)? Just a valid RTC is enough, am I right?

Thanks and Regards.

Yun

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please consider that DEVDISR5 is not about the clock, but about the modules disabling.

IP Blocks disabled by setting the corresponding bit in the DEVDISR5 register must not be re-enabled.