cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1043ARDB-PD USB console can't work

tedlin
Contributor I

Hi

i got LS1043ARDB-PD and start booting it. The USB console port can't work. it always keep in bootloader mode.

i download LS1043ARDB-PD design file and enter k22fx512_ls1020a_if_mbed.bin to bootloader disk. it still keep in bootloader mode after update. could you please help to check thanks?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

snoble
Contributor I

I am seeing the same issue with a LS1043ADB .. It worked initially and I had USB console, but now all I ever see is the bootloader drive.  I tried using the attached files, but when I removed/replaced the USB I got the bootloader back.  This is there a newer version of the bootloader file?

0 Kudos

ufedor
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please confirm that the following steps were performed:

Plug in power to LS board. Hold down Reset button while plugging the PC USB cable into the CSAM USB connector on the board.
On Windows, the board will be mapped as a Mass Storage Device under a volume labelled 'BOOTLOADER'.
LED for MBED status will blink in green on the board to acknowledge it is in bootloader mode.

1. Copy the attached binary into the 'BOOTLOADER’
2. Wait the binary copy to finish; LED for MBED status will blink with higher rate on finish;
3. Unplug the USB cable from the board, then plug it back in to power cycle the module
4. The board should be ready to connect to CodeWarrior

Also, there is a known issue with MBED operation under Win10.

This is the work around we have confirmed to fix the mbed issue on Win10 PC's:
- Go to the "Start" option on the PC and type the command  "Services"
- Than you should see the following "Services" window open
- Select the "Storage Services" and on the left-hand side of the window click the "Stop the service"

Services-Win10.jpg