cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1043ARDB DDR Initialization using PBI commands

j_wallace
Contributor II

Hi experts,

I’m using Lauterbach Power Debug Probe on LS1043ARDB and before loading code to SDRAM I use u-boot SPL to initialize DDR. On my custom LS1043A based board that is coming soon I would like to use PBI commands to initialize the DDR.

1) Is this possible?

2) Do you have example for LS1043ARDB ?

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Ok, then you can start from the example and add your ddr config.

Adrian

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

DDR initialization using PBI commands is possible. An example you can find using DDR tool, from QCVS. 

Adrian

0 Kudos

j_wallace
Contributor II

Thanks for your quick reply.

I Created a QorIQ configuration project by importing rcw for QorIQ SDK2.0 RCW (rcw_1600.bin), then appended PBI commands you provided.

I have written the generated PBL.bin to alternate NOR flash bank. I cleared u-boot image from there so that no software will run when setting boot switches to NOR bank v4.

But when trying to load images to RAM the Lauterbach probe hangs with this message “debug  port fail”. It behaves exactly as when I did not use SPL to initialize DDR.

I think rcw part is correct because I changed ASLEEP function to GPIO1_13 so when the board gets powered the LED stays on.

So something is going wrong with DDR. Do you have a validated rcw+pbi image that initialize DDR so I could directly load code in SDRAM by any means?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

It was just an example. For getting the correct configuration as pbi commands I recommend QCVS DDRv tool for validate the DDR configuration on your board and generate the correct pbi commands.

Adrian

0 Kudos

j_wallace
Contributor II

OK, I understand. Unfortunately I have not the license nor CodeWarior TAP.

Thanks.

0 Kudos