LS1028ARDB no bootable Linux Kernel from git repo?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1028ARDB no bootable Linux Kernel from git repo?

jens_neumann
Contributor I

Hey,

I've been trying for over a week now to install an Ubuntu Distro on the LS1028ARDB via SD-Card. I am doing everything according to manual, but it appears that simply cloning the qoriq repo yields an unusable Kernel version, as it doesn't contain the drivers necessary to use the ethernet interfaces. Switching to LS1028a-early-access branch did help a bit, as in I managed to launch Ubuntu, but then the bridge interface can't be configured properly. So the question is: Is there a pre-built image to use with Ubuntu (which would be ideal)? Or can you at least tell me which Git branch is guaranteed to work NOW with the current Ubuntu userland etc.?

If you force your customers to build everything themselves, then please at least ensure that everything works not only on release of the manual (it appears the most recent one is from April), but also today.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Build image for your board using the following command:

flex-builder -i mkfw -m ls1028ardb -b sd

Find .img file using the following path:

/flexbuild/build/images/firmware_ls1028ardb_uboot_sdboot.img

Connect SD card using SD card reader to your PC host.

Write this image to SD on your PC host using the following command

sudo dd if= firmware_ls1028ardb_uboot_sdboot.img of=/dev/sdb bs=512 seek=8

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos