cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LS1021A Rev 2 : First time QSPI NOR Programming

sanjuvarghese
Contributor II

Hi,

I am facing one issue in programming a custom LS1021A rev 2.0 board. The board only has a QSPI NOR flash for booting. For the first time programming I tried with the hard-coded RCW to load the RCW to QSPI flash. I failed to load.  I checked the Reference manual, the hard-coded RCW is not having the QSPI pin-muxing. I can access all the processor registers and DDR memory,but no activity in the QSPI lines when I am trying the QSPI address 0x40000000 as the pinmuxing not for the QSPI in hard-coded RCW.  

I tried giving the RCW through the JTAG configuration chain with the QSPI pinmuxing and RCW override option enabled, some new error came "Failed to configure the JTAG chain". I tried giving different RCW through the configuration file but no luck. I attached one configuration file for reference.

Can anyone provide me a valid JTAG configuration chain for programming the LS1021A QSPI flash?

Thanks in advance

Sanju

Original Attachment has been moved to: LS1021A_custom.txt.zip

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello SANJU VARGHESE,

Can you please change RCW source to be any of the Hard coded (0x(9A, 0x9B, ... 0x9F), and try again?

Regards

Lunmin

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please refer to attached file. From what I see in your file the register index for rcw are different and also the value for hardcoded_rcw.

Adrian

0 Kudos