How to arrange for patches to be applied to u-boot before it is built by the Layerscape SDK v17.12

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to arrange for patches to be applied to u-boot before it is built by the Layerscape SDK v17.12

Jump to solution
kuta42
Contributor III

We've produced a board starting from the FRDM LS1012A design. One of the enhancements we've added is an SD card slot, from which we'd like to be able to boot using u-boot. I have the patches to u-boot (and a replacement RCW file) for the board that worked using the QorIQ SDK v17.03; what's the best way to incorporate them into the build of the boot partition when using the Layerscape SDK v17.12?

Labels (1)
1 Solution
kuta42
Contributor III

I have resolved this by considering our design to be a new board and adding files for it to the u-boot tree. You can consider this question as answered.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the following pages:

https://www.denx.de/wiki/U-Boot/Patches

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/beagleboard/PTjm3nD_RTA

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
kuta42
Contributor III

I guess I'm still not being clear enough. I'll try again:

1. I have patches to u-boot for our board that I was able to apply to the build of u-boot when using the QorIQ SDK v17.03 by creating a .bbappend file for its recipe. Unfortunately, the Layerscape SDK v17.12 doesn't useBitBake recipes, so how do I tell flex-builder to apply these patches before it builds u-boot?
  2. I have a replacement RCW file for our board. How do I tell flex-builder to use it when building the boot partition instead of the one for the FRDM-LS1012A board?
0 Kudos
kuta42
Contributor III

I have resolved this by considering our design to be a new board and adding files for it to the u-boot tree. You can consider this question as answered.

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The LS1012a supports only QSPI as source for RCW and PBL. See the Section 4.4.4.1 and bits 192-195 of the RCW in the LS1012a Reference Manual:

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/reference-manual/LS1012ARM.pdf

Linux BSP supports only QSPI for u-boot source on the LS1012a board.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
kuta42
Contributor III

Understood, but my question is: how best to incorporate patches to u-boot into build of the boot partition? (I've updated the title to better reflect the actual question.)

0 Kudos