Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High Resolution Timers with LS1021a not reachable

Jump to solution
janbrand
Contributor II

Hello!

I want to check realtime-time-functionality with the LS1021a using the PREEMPT-patch:

3.12.19-rt30 #1 SMP PREEMPT RT Thu Dec 3 12:22:32 CET 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

The tool cyclictest give's a warning at startup: "WARN: High resolution timers not available" and the timings are bad. In the kernel-config the high resolution timers are selected. What could be the problem?

Best regards

Jan

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jan Brand,

Is it possible to use our kernel released in SDK? It's a pity we do not have tech support for PTXdist, sorry for this.

BR

Lunmin

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
7 Replies
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jan Brand,

Please use the latest SDK 1.9 for this.

PREEMPT_RT is not supported in SDK1.7 with component of Linux 3.12.19, for the target LS1021A.

The information is available in the information center:

https://freescale.sdlproducts.com/LiveContent/web/pub.xql?c=t&action=home&pub=QorIQ_SDK_1.9&lang=en-...

Have a great day,
Lunmin

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
janbrand
Contributor II

Thank you for youre reply.

Unfortionaly I'm working with PTXdist - isn't there an available patch or what else for the high resolution timers for linux kernel?

Best regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jan Brand,

Below are patch of RT for LS1021A in SDK1.9 release:

sdk/linux.git - Freescale PowerPC Linux Tree

sdk/linux.git - Freescale PowerPC Linux Tree

BR

Lunmin

0 Kudos
janbrand
Contributor II

Hello,

compiling the kernel with the patches was succesfull. The two patches seem to have not solved the problem. Cyclictest is still saying "WARN: High resolution timers not available". Maybe the issue is elsewhere?

Best regards,

Jan

0 Kudos
lunminliang
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Jan Brand,

Is it possible to use our kernel released in SDK? It's a pity we do not have tech support for PTXdist, sorry for this.

BR

Lunmin

0 Kudos
janbrand
Contributor II

Hello lunminliang,

yes that is possible! I use the kernel from SDK 1.9. The high resolution timers are integrated, thanks for your advice. The kernel works with the RFS from PTXdist and so for the first time i will use this as a workaround. Will there be a support for PTXdist in future?

BR

Jan

0 Kudos
janbrand
Contributor II

Thank you, i will try...

Best regards,

Jan

0 Kudos