Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DDR Configuration DRAM Settings

Jump to solution
mehdi-cubic
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using CodeWarrior QorIQ DDR configurator for LS1043A and not sure how to select the "DRAM configuration per device" to match my custom board. I have Two MT40A2G16 (128 Meg x 16 x 16 Banks x 1 Ranks) on the board. That is x2 - 2GB (total 4GB). I don't have the HW in-hand yet to connect and let the auto detect to the job, hence trying it the manual way.

Q: Does the selected option in the drop-down list represent one of the modules connected to the DDR controller or both?
If the selection is for one module only, then is it the "Rank/Chip select" option that should be set to 2 in my case? 

The options on the drop-down box are:

1. 2GB: 256Mb x8
  2. 2GB: 128Mb x16
  3. 4GB: 512Mb x8
  4. 4GB: 256Mb x16
  5. ...etc.

The LS1043ARDB uses x4 MT40A512M8RH-083E:B, but I couldn't match any of the above entries to that board either.

Thank you

0 Kudos
1 Solution
SebastianG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi @mehdi-cubic,

This are the SDRAM device configurations supported for the processor, is not specified the total of modules for DDR controller but the total of RAM that you use depends of how do you connect the memories.

Regarding to the question "If the selection is for one module only, then is it the "Rank/Chip select" option that should be set to 2 in my case?"

Yes, Please note that the chip select signals has the functionality to determinate how many memories can connect or how many data bits you will use

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
SebastianG
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi @mehdi-cubic,

This are the SDRAM device configurations supported for the processor, is not specified the total of modules for DDR controller but the total of RAM that you use depends of how do you connect the memories.

Regarding to the question "If the selection is for one module only, then is it the "Rank/Chip select" option that should be set to 2 in my case?"

Yes, Please note that the chip select signals has the functionality to determinate how many memories can connect or how many data bits you will use

0 Kudos
mehdi-cubic
Contributor II

Hi Sebastian,

That is great. Thank you for your reply.

0 Kudos