Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two IDE related problems

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by madid87 on Mon Aug 20 11:13:20 MST 2012
Hello again. I'm new to LPCXpresso and still having some problems.

1) I get an ERROR message "Errors occurred during the build" every time I make a change to my source file (e.q. press space and save). Peculiar thing is that there are no errors or warnings. After another try (without any changes from my side) it  builds successfully. What could be the cause?

2) I have created a "driver" source folder within my project. The "main.c" is located in "src" per default while "driver" folder contains gpio.c/h and ssp.c/h. If I try to use a function from ssp.c I get an error from the linker e.q.

[B]undefined reference to `SSP_Send' main.c/CapacitiveTouch/srcline 75C/C++ Problem[/B]

I don't know what is the wrong since I can use all the functions from gpio.c without a problem. I can tell from the error message that the linker is looking for the function in "src" and if I put ssp.c in "src" it works of course.

I would like to organize my project and have all driver files in separate folder.

How to solve this?

Thank you.
0 Kudos
4 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Ex-Zero on Tue Aug 21 11:10:36 MST 2012
This 'key' is a wrench, which shows you that you've changed your tool chain settings :eek:
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by madid87 on Tue Aug 21 10:41:16 MST 2012

Quote: CodeRedSupport

/cut
Regards,
CodeRedSupport

Looks like I have solved my problem but would like to know what I did.
I didn't realize that my "driver" folder changed. The folder had a key icon on it. Here is the picture:
[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/14ngv2c.jpg[/IMG]

I have created a new Source folder called driver1 and now everything works including the error message for non-existing errors being gone!

What does the key icon mean?
Thank you.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by CodeRedSupport on Tue Aug 21 01:23:01 MST 2012
What version of LPCXpresso IDE are you using, and what target MCU?

Quote: madid87

1) I get an ERROR message "Errors occurred during the build" every time I make a change to my source file (e.q. press space and save). Peculiar thing is that there are no errors or warnings. After another try (without any changes from my side) it  builds successfully. What could be the cause?

Please clean your project, then do a build, then make your change again - so that you see the problem. Then post the build log generated....

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/BuildConsole

Quote:

2) I have created a "driver" source folder within my project. The "main.c" is located in "src" per default while "driver" folder contains gpio.c/h and ssp.c/h. If I try to use a function from ssp.c I get an error from the linker e.q.

[B]undefined reference to `SSP_Send' main.c    /CapacitiveTouch/src    line 75    C/C++ Problem[/B]

I don't know what is the wrong since I can use all the functions from gpio.c without a problem. I can tell from the error message that the linker is looking for the function in "src" and if I put ssp.c in "src" it works of course.

Did you create the "driver" folder as a "Folder" or as a "Source Folder"? If you are placing code to be included in your project, then it should be a "Source Folder".

And were there any warnings from the compiler when it compiled your source code (the build log requested above should help here)?

To be honest though, you probably need to post your project here for us to look at to identify the problem.

http://support.code-red-tech.com/CodeRedWiki/ImportExport

Regards,
CodeRedSupport
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by frame on Tue Aug 21 01:00:17 MST 2012
Guess why I switched to Crossworks, an IDE --not-- based on Eclipse.
With almost absolute certainty, this is an Eclipse topic. At least I remember it does some source parsing while editing...
Maybe forums dedicated to Eclipse could help you, too.
0 Kudos