cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nest Board projects

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dragooon on Sun May 18 23:37:48 MST 2014
Good day
I've created a library project and a normal XPresso project. In the library are project references to the CMSIS(DSP,chip).
The library project are all Board-specific initializations and the XPresso project is the program itself.
Now I want to have to embed only the library, because it contains includes of the CMSIS Yes. Unfortunately,
this works only if I have the CMSIS also as project paths in the normal XPresso project.
How do I change the project settings so that I need include only the library project.

With regards Andreas

Deutscher Orginal Text:

Guten Tag,
Ich habe mit einem Library Projekt und ein normales XPresso Projekt erstellt. In dem Library Projekt sind die verweise auf die CMSIS(DSP,Chip). Das Library Projekt sind alle Board Spezifischen Initialisierungen und das XPresso Projekt nur das Programm an sich. Nun möchte ich nur noch die Library einbinden müssen, weil diese ja die Includes der CMSIS enthält. Leider funktioniert dies nur wenn ich die CMSIS auch als pfade im normalen XPresso Projekt angebe. Wie muss ich die Projekteinstellungen verändern damit ich nur noch das Library Projekt einbinden brauch.
Mit freundlichen Grüßen Andreas
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Rob65 on Fri May 23 11:40:26 MST 2014
If there are no dependencies in lib.h that need cmsis, you do not need to include the cmsis includes inthe lib.h file.

This is one of those common mistakes: lib.h should only define and use stuff that is needed to control the interface to your lib. Any stuff that is only internal to the library (e.g. defines for the peripherals used or internal function prototypes) should be defined elsewhere.

If your lib.h does need the cmsis stuff, then this is part of the interface and you should explicitly include cmsis in your project.

Rob
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dragooon on Mon May 19 05:29:17 MST 2014
I have Paint with an example and I hope it will be cleared what I mean.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon May 19 03:12:38 MST 2014
I'm sorry, but it still isn't very clear to us as to what exactly you are trying to do.

If you don't want to link your application project against the CMSIS library project, then you will need to edit the Project Properties for your application project to remove the include paths from the compiler:

Project - Properties - C/C++ Build - Settings - Tool Settings - MCU C Compiler - Includes

and the library name and library search path from the linker:

Project - Properties - C/C++ Build - Settings - Tool Settings - MCU Linker - Libraries

Note that this may cause your project to fail to build. In this case, you will need to put the CMSIS headers / source files into your project itself, or into your other library project.

Regards,
LPCXpresso Support
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by dragooon on Mon May 19 01:35:44 MST 2014
I know how to tie a lib.
See please the picture to understand correctly my question.

Deutscher Orgnialtext.
Wie man eine Lib einbindet weiß ich schon. Siehe Bitte das Bild um meine Frage Richtig zu verstehen.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon May 19 00:37:59 MST 2014
Please read this FAQ
http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/creating-linking-library-projects
0 Kudos