cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Managed linker scripts not generated

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by safarmer on Mon Nov 24 00:36:11 MST 2014
Hi,

When I try to build my project, I get an error about linker scripts not being found:
  ld: cannot open linker script file project_Debug.ld: No such file or directory

I started seeing this with 7.4.0 when I disabled linker script generation to test a hand tweaked script, and now no matter what I do I cannot get the scripts generated again. I have re-selected Manage Linker Scripts in the linker settings. I see the .o files and the .map file in the output folder but no linker scripts any more. I have even tried checking out a copy of the .cproject file from when I could build with no success.

Does anyone know how I can get the linker scripts to generate again?

Cheers,
Shane
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by safarmer on Mon Nov 24 22:33:37 MST 2014
Turns out the problem is caused by using the CDT internal builder. Switching to the external builder resolves the issue.

- Shane
0 Kudos

oliviermonnom
Contributor II

Just for information.

For me the name of the .ld file was too long. Renaming the project did the tricks

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by safarmer on Mon Nov 24 22:25:56 MST 2014
This comes up as soon as I do the clean and then the directory is created. If I do a build without the clean, I do not get that error. If I start LPCXpresso and build the project, the only logs I see are:

!SESSION 2014-11-24 21:05:49.523 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_67
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=linux, ARCH=x86, WS=gtk, NL=en_AU
Command-line arguments:  -os linux -ws gtk -arch x86

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2014-11-24 21:05:54.349
!MESSAGE Plugin org.eclipse.cdt.ui, extension org.eclipse.ui.decorators, id org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.CustomBuildSettingsDecorator: Duplicate id found: org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.CustomBuildSettingsDecorator

!ENTRY org.eclipse.ui 4 4 2014-11-24 21:05:54.351
!MESSAGE Plugin org.eclipse.cdt.ui, extension org.eclipse.ui.decorators, id org.eclipse.cdt.internal.ui.CustomBuildSettingsDecorator: Unknown extension tag found: decorator

This is starting to cause issues for that project, but I am able to create a new project and build. I may be able to rebuild the project from scratch to unblock myself.

- Shane
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Nov 24 11:12:59 MST 2014
The error being reported is:

Quote:

Launch attempt in non existent working directory "/home/shane/source/projects/drop/Debug"

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by safarmer on Mon Nov 24 10:55:39 MST 2014
Attached is the log file from:
* Delete old logs
* Delete Debug directory
* Restart LPCXpresso (project auto build was enabled)
* Clean and build of project
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Nov 24 01:12:35 MST 2014
Please try deleting the whole of the Debug directory and rebuilding your project

If that does not work, please zip and attach the file:
[workspace]/.metadata/.log
0 Kudos