cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso MCUXpresso - CDT 9.2

abderrezak
Contributor III

Hi,

I develop many projects around NXP uC and I use for this LPCXpresso (soon I'll move to MCUXpresso). 

I have reported a bug/feature to eclipse.

Bug 517954 – auto-complete of parameters generates ClassCastException on function pointers 

Bug 517978 – Provide completion proposal based on function pointer's type 

The requsted feature will be implemented in the eclipse CDT 9.2.

I wish to know if LPCXpresso or MCUXpresso will use the new version of eclipse CDT 9.2. If yes it's well, otherwise can I by my own install the newer CDT in the NXP-IDEs installation to have access to that feature.

Labels (2)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

An LPCXpresso IDE Pro Edition license will also activate MCUXpresso IDE in Pro Edition mode. You can have the two installed in parallel on the same machine too.

For details of the differences between the two IDEs, please refer to the MCUXpresso IDE Installation Guide, downloadable from - MCUXpresso IDE|NXP 

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Although it would theoretically possible for a user to update the version of CDT used in our IDEs, this is not something we would recommend or support.

We will be updating the CDT version used by MCUXpresso IDE from the current CDT 9.1 in a future release, though we can't currently give details of the date of the change or the exact version we'll be moving to.

Regards,

MCUXpresso IDE Support

abderrezak
Contributor III

Well, If MCUXpresso will be updated then I will move to soon. The reason I didn't do it is my full license on LPCXpresso. Is it possible to use the full license with MCUXpresso?

0 Kudos