cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import deleted library?

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vladimirro on Fri May 29 04:12:31 MST 2015
Hello all

To the point.
I deleted CMSIS_CORE.... library from the workspace but my project still needs it. How to import it back?
I tired to do file->Import->General->Existing projects into workspace but the library is greyed out.
I tried to create new project with that library but it is also greyed out.

I spent an HOUR trying to import the library and I failed. I find LPCxpresso very unintuitive, really....

Thanks in advance....
0 Kudos
12 Replies

prabhat166
Contributor I

There is a option  "Edit->Undo delete Source"  use this and deleted source files will be shown again in the project if files not deleted from disk.

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Sat May 30 09:35:21 MST 2015
Did you refresh the workspace? F5

Unless you delete the file from the file system, all you have done is tell Eclipse to ignore it.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vladimirro on Fri May 29 15:51:45 MST 2015
I don't remember if I was asked or not.

What I find unintuitive is that the library was hidden in the workspace even though it was deleted from the disc. Well, maybe it's just me but it was hidden very well, I had to dig deep through the menus to find it. 

Anyway it's only my opinion....
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Fri May 29 15:35:00 MST 2015

Quote: vladimirro
Doh! Why is it so unintuitive?

:quest:

Were you not asked?

[img=545x293]http://www.lpcware.com/system/files/delete.JPG[/img]
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vladimirro on Fri May 29 15:26:37 MST 2015
Thanks for help and fast replays. I finally managed to import it.

It turned out that deleting the library from the workspace doesn't delete it from workspace.
I had to go to Window -> Show View -> Other -> Navigator and delete it from there. THEN I was able to import it again.

Doh! Why is it so unintuitive?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Fri May 29 15:22:01 MST 2015
Probably it's easier to create a new workspace as described in LPCXpresso video or User Guide...

http://www.lpcware.com/lpcxpresso

http://www.lpcware.com/content/project/lpcopen-platform-nxp-lpc-microcontrollers/lpcopen-v200-quicks...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vladimirro on Fri May 29 15:10:57 MST 2015
I click on Import project(s) -> project archive -> browse then I choose "CMSIS_CORE_Latest.zip" and click "Next" and I see a list of projects. The one I deleted is still greyed out (It says that "Some projects cannot be imported because they already exist in the workspace").
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Fri May 29 13:33:08 MST 2015
If it's completely deleted, import it again...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vladimirro on Fri May 29 13:29:12 MST 2015
I deleted it from the disc as well. How do I add the library to the workspace? When I create new project the library is still greyed out.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Fri May 29 05:46:09 MST 2015
Then delete it there, too...
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by vladimirro on Fri May 29 05:44:01 MST 2015
I deleted it from workspace, it still exists on the disc.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by R2D2 on Fri May 29 04:26:44 MST 2015
Did you remove the library from the workspace or did you delete it from disk?
0 Kudos