Command not found?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Command not found?

mattlynch
Contributor I

In trying to build the example code as described in the "Software examples getting started" video, I'm experiencing a strange issue with this line in the generated make file:

arm-none-eabi-gcc -nostdlib -L"C:\Users\thisUser\Documents\LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650\workspace\PN7462AU\phHal\phhalRf\lib" -Xlinker -Map="PN7462AU_ex_phExMain.map" -Xlinker --gc-sections -mcpu=cortex-m0 -mthumb -T "PN7462AU_ex_phExMain_DebugPN7462AU.ld" &Heap:Default;Post Data;Default&Stack:Default;End;Default -o "PN7462AU_ex_phExMain.axf" $(OBJS) $(USER_OBJS) $(LIBS)

The errors I'm getting are listed below:

Building target: PN7462AU_ex_phExMain.axf
Invoking: MCU Linker
<Same line as earlier, but with the $(OBJS), $(USER_OBJS) etc replaced with lists - if this info is important, I can post it.>
/bin/sh: Heap:Default: command not found
/bin/sh: Post: command not found
/bin/sh: Default: command not found
c:/nxp/lpcxpresso_8.2.2_650/lpcxpresso/tools/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/bin/ld.exe: warning: cannot find entry symbol ResetISR; defaulting to 00203000/bin/sh: Stack:Default: command not found

/bin/sh: End: command not found
/bin/sh: Default: command not found
make: *** [PN7462AU_ex_phExMain.axf] Error 127

I'm having a hard time tracking down what is wrong with this line.. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

antus
Contributor I

I just hit this also. An MCUXpresso project imported from a github project to an LPCXpresso environement. I found the problem was in the linker arguments and could be seen under the project setting linker configuration. There is an & and some junk in there, so being a linux shell the command forks at the & when executed and the junk cant be found creating the error. It could be seen in the example command line for the linker but toggling of no arguments fixed it. It may be possible to go and hack the project configuration by hand, but I opted to update to the latest MCUXpresso.

The akamai installer sucked and is why I had not updated to MCUXpresso sooner. I really do not like that it installed itself to my computers controlpanel and started a system service in the background just for a 5 minute download. This is a vast overreach for a download manager and a security concern in my book. But I was able to open the same workspace with MCUXpresso 10.1.1, hit compile and the problem has gone away. I then promptly uninstalled the akamai download manager. I have a solid 45mbit connection here, and the download took 5 minutes. A regular link would have been fine. Maybe NXP should provide both options.

0 Kudos

theoz
Contributor II

Hi,

I have the same problem,how you resolve?

Thanks

0 Kudos

lpcxpresso_supp
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm not sure what the video you reference is but to me, it looks like you might be trying to load a project that has been created / updated in MCUXpresso IDE into LPCXpresso IDE.  Although generally MCUXpresso IDE can import LPCXpresso IDE projects (with a few things to watch, detailed in the MCUXpresso IDE Installation Guide), the opposite is not true. ie MCUXpresso IDE projects are likely to have problems if you try to load into LPCXpresso IDE.

Simplest approach for you would probably be to install MCUXpresso IDE and use that instead of the old LPCXpresso IDE product  : http://www.nxp.com/mcuxpresso/ide

Regards,

LPCXpresso Support

0 Kudos