make fails with 'Virtual Alloc pointer is null' error

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

make fails with 'Virtual Alloc pointer is null' error

lpcware-support
Senior Contributor I

Very rarely, building a project on Windows may result in an error similar to this:

0 [main] us 0 init_cheap: VirtualAlloc pointer is null, Win32 error 487

AllocationBase 0x0, BaseAddress 0x71110000, RegionSize 0x350000, State 0x10000

\msys\bin\make.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0

This is a problem that affects a tiny minority of customers, and depends on what other applications they are running at the same time. This is caused by a feature in the MSYS binaries that we use to provide the the build environment for the LPCXpresso IDE on Windows.

If this happens, you can replace the file \lpcxpresso\msys\bin\msys-1.0.dll within your LPCXpresso IDE install directory with the file in the attached zipfile. msys-1.0.zip

Note that this does not fix the problem, rather it moves DLL base address. Unfortunately, it is possible the error may occur with this replacement DLL too, again depending on what other applications are running.

Original Attachment has been moved to: msys-1.0.zip

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
3 Replies

TomLaVecchia
Contributor II

When I click on the attached zip file link I get an "Invalid Parameters Specified" error

ASw
Contributor I

Reactive the link, please.

electronplay
Contributor I

hello

The link to download : msys-1.0 dll is broken
Could you ractivate this link please, because i have the same problem.

LPCXpresso works welle, but i would like to install LPCScrypt_installer_2.0.0_831, and after i have this error ...

C:\uproc\nxp\LPCXpresso_8.2.2_650\lpcxpresso\msys\bin\make.exe: *** Couldn't reserve space for cygwin's heap, Win32 error 0

thanks