cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question

milan021
Contributor I

Hello,

I want to program my microcontroller LPC5512. I downloaded environment MCUXpresso, and now I don't know how to open the project for this controller because the program offers me only a depelopment environment (for example LPC55S16).

0 Kudos
4 Replies

milan021
Contributor I

Hello, 

Thanks for the replay.

I have one more question. Do I need to put the first code with UART communication, because when I plug the USB cable in the USB connector on my board, computer does not recognize any microcontroller.

Best regards,

Milan

0 Kudos

milan021
Contributor I

And two more questions.

1. When I was routing board, I haven't put an external oscillator anywhere. Do I need it for programming?

2. Do I need some bootloader for putting code in uC or only using SDK ?

Best regard

0 Kudos

milan021
Contributor I

The better question is how to put code from the environment to the microcontroller on my board. Do I need to do that using the depelopment board ? 

0 Kudos

nxf77486
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @milan021 ,

Thank you for your time and for contacting NXP support.

We recommend to download the SDK for the LPC product you are currently using, please find a link to our SDK downloader.

Once you have downloaded the SDK drag and drop the zip file into the installed SDK window on the MCUXpresso IDE(installed_sdk_img).

The second step could be or either create a new project or select one of the SDK examples we have available(example_sdk_img).

Please let me know if you have any other question where I can help you I will be happy to assist you.

SDK Select Development Board  

0 Kudos