Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XIP and NON-XIP data transfer clarfication

Jump to solution
VIGNESH_BABU
Contributor II

Hi;

I was currently worked in LPC54018 customized Board.My Project is to display the font in the TFT Display (ST7789V).In our controller default  don't have an  internal flash Memory.So we install the External NOR Flash Memory(W25Q128JV) to interface with the Micro-controller and it is connected through TFT Display.

Doubts?

1.I have a doubt how the data was transfer whether through(External NOR flash -> SRAM -> TFT Controller[XIP METHOD]) or (External NOR Flash -> TFT Controller with the help of DMA[NON-XIP]).

2.How I was identified the path of data transfer in MCUXPresso Whether it was XIP or NON-XIP method?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @VIGNESH_BABU 

XIP is execute directly in flash, no-xip is copy from flash to SRAM to execute.

About change NO-xip to XIP, if you use MCUXpresso IDE, try to disable "Plain load image" , the re-build.

Alice_Yang_0-1671171857379.png

Also there is XIP and NO-xip demo under SDK for lpc54s018, you can run them to check the process.

BR

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @VIGNESH_BABU 

XIP is execute directly in flash, no-xip is copy from flash to SRAM to execute.

About change NO-xip to XIP, if you use MCUXpresso IDE, try to disable "Plain load image" , the re-build.

Alice_Yang_0-1671171857379.png

Also there is XIP and NO-xip demo under SDK for lpc54s018, you can run them to check the process.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
VIGNESH_BABU
Contributor II

Hi Alice,

Finally I got the clarification of differences between XIP and NO-XIP. Thank you Alice.

0 Kudos