Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Write cycles for programming flash page in multiple steps

Jump to solution
remco2
Contributor I

Hi,

I want to program a flash page of the LPC824 in 16 blocks of 4 bytes. The blocks are consecutive, so I only program erased bytes. How does this count towards the flash endurance cycles? Is it only the single erase that counts? Or does each and every program action also count as a cycle?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Remco Poelstra

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Remco Poelstra,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.

1) How does this count towards the flash endurance cycles?

To program these consecutive blocks, I'd like to suggest you to use the IAP command-Copy RAM to flash command to achieve it and it counts one cycle.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Remco Poelstra,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and for the opportunity to serve you.

1) How does this count towards the flash endurance cycles?

To program these consecutive blocks, I'd like to suggest you to use the IAP command-Copy RAM to flash command to achieve it and it counts one cycle.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos