Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB MSD external flash memory

Jump to solution
rd1
Contributor II

Hello, i'm developing using the board LPCXpresso55s69

I was looking at the usb_msc_ramdisk example and i was wondering if it was possible to open an external flash memory connected to the micro through a SPI interface instead of the internal micro memory.

Is it possible? Cause i can't find the exact point in the example to change for switching to the external memory

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rd1 

I hope you are doing well!

If I understand properly in your application you require to  storage from a non-volatile memory (external flash) , instead of using the SRAM of the LPC55.

You could take a look at the  USB_DeviceMscCallback  , this function handles the  read and write events for this class. 

It may also be useful to take a look  an example like the dev_msc_sdcard_bm that  implements  an  SD memory as a reference. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi @rd1 

I hope you are doing well!

If I understand properly in your application you require to  storage from a non-volatile memory (external flash) , instead of using the SRAM of the LPC55.

You could take a look at the  USB_DeviceMscCallback  , this function handles the  read and write events for this class. 

It may also be useful to take a look  an example like the dev_msc_sdcard_bm that  implements  an  SD memory as a reference. 

0 Kudos