cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Host/Device Init

martin_due
Contributor II

Hi!

We are having some USB trouble... (first time working with USB)

We are prototyping a custom board with the LPC54605J512BD100 mcu. We have 2 USB ports available, one for reading the contents of a USB stick, the other for COM port data / logging. 

How do we initialize the USB ports correctly? In MCU config tool USB's are not present in the peripheral view, like the UARTs/Flexcomm are. See attached image. 

We have a working example using the LPC54628 dev board, successfully firmware updating from the USB stick, but we cannot seem to "port" the code to our custom board. It does not detect the USB when it is put in, but we can see the stick is powered up fine.

Any help appreciated, thx!

Labels (3)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Martin,

My recommendation would be to create a new project with the LPC54605 SDK and copy the files and folders from the USB project.

Please make sure you link the folders when you copy them to your LPC54605 project.

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos

martin_due
Contributor II

Thanks for the reply!

We try to do that, but without much luck...

When you say "copy the files and folders from the USB project", which files and folders do you mean? The USB folders? I can also see that in the  project settings #defines for the project there are differences. Also, what do you mean "link the folders" ? :smileyhappy: 

Regards

Martin

0 Kudos

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Martin,

I recommend you to check the community thread below to check the USB folders you need.

https://community.nxp.com/message/1209192 

Regarding the linking, if you only copy the folders into your new project, they will not be linked you need to add the source folders in Properties > C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols > Source Location. Also please make sure you add the appropriate includes for each folder in Properties > C/C++ Build > Settings > MCU C Compiler > Includes.

Hope it helps!

Best regards,

Felipe

0 Kudos