USB Downloader

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB Downloader

apexman
Contributor I

Hi, I was looking through the USB examples for the LPC54628 using the LPC54s018-EVK board and I am not sure exactly which one fits my needs. What I would like to do is send data using an external windows application to program the EEPROM and the internal Flash (512K). I am pretty sure it would not be considered "HID" or "Mass storage device(MSC)". The VCOM seemed like it would be similar, but wasn't sure if I could somehow convert it to be straight USB transfers to utilize the speed advantage. (of coarse finding an app to send data is another issue). I also looked at "lpcxpresso54628_rom_dev_cdc_bm" which seemed similar to the VCOM.
Any help guiding me towards an example would be appreciated.

Thank You,

Gennaro

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello apexman,

So do you want to use LPC54s018-evk? Pay attention, this chip doesn't have interflash.

And you can use ISP- USB mode to download image with blhost:

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers-Knowledge/Use-blhost-to-program-erase-LPC540xxM-LP...  

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

belmontbob59
Contributor IV

The bottleneck is not going to be USB but the programming of the flash so bulk will not give you a big advantage. You could go DFU an re-use existing app on the host (dfu-static w/ windows' inbox driver WinUSB) or go MCUboot which uses HID (also Windows inbox driver).  This cuts down the dev on the host side with already available app and inbox kernel drivers if Windows is your host.

0 Kudos

NVazquez
Contributor IV

MCUBoot does not support USB ext flash programming via USB HID.

I m looking for a host side application as well which will program EVK 54S018 via USB HID.

DFU just programs the RAM so it's not really useful for production end

0 Kudos