Simultaneous internal and external connection to SCT input?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous internal and external connection to SCT input?

jdupre
Contributor II

Is it possible to set up an SCT input so that it is connected to an external pin AND the output of another SCT?

I have SCT0 set up with one input from an external pin.  The input is normally high, and receives low pulses on occasion.

What I would like to do is:
1. Internally route an output from SCT0 to an SCT1 input.
2. Internally route an output from SCT1 to SCT0's existing external input, so that low pulses can be "injected".

It looks like doing (1) is no problem.
But is it possible to have an SCT input connected to both an external pin and another SCT output internally at the same time?  I don't see how to do this, even with the SCTIPU.

Thank you,

- Joe

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Joe,

According to your statement, you'd like to import two input signal to the SCT0's input pin simultaneously, I'm afraid that it can't work, as in the SCT input mux register, only input source is allowed to choose.

So I'd like to suggest that you should add AND Gate circuit to implement AND operation prior to connect the input pin of the SCT0.
Have a great day,

Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jdupre
Contributor II

I thought the SCT Input Processing Unit was designed to do that sort of thing.

0 Kudos