cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search in forum

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by valentingruia on Thu Jun 07 01:12:52 MST 2012
hi,

There is any way to search easy just in forum area. I will like to search just in LPC17xx forum and to chose the way the keywords are used: view results that contain all keywords, or ignore results that contain one keyword etc.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Raiden on Fri Oct 04 23:13:41 MST 2013
I agree, they should move to Invision (expensive), phpBB (free, simple), or SMF (free, more complicated).
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Tue Oct 16 21:09:25 MST 2012
OK. Accepted. =)
When people read this thread, they'll also know to use the search-field in the upper right-hand corner. :)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by jdurand on Tue Oct 16 17:34:18 MST 2012
The problem is the forum is running under Drupal software which is aimed for web page handling, the forum feature is a minor aspect of it and so doesn't have as many features as you might expect if you are used to regular forums running under phpBB or something.

I run a phpBB forum mainly for our customers (most threads are hidden to the general public), all sorts of nice features but it doesn't do web pages.

I also like the price (free).
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Tue Oct 16 10:13:08 MST 2012
True.

I'd like, though, to have a search-box, which is dedicated to the forum only.
This is useful, when you have a problem, and you want to see if someone else already asked for help, so the forum is not flooded with a lot of the same questions.

I did find out that after you have made a search, you can click "Advanced Search" and search forum only, but it's well hidden.
Instead, I think it would be intuitive to place a forum-search at the bottom of the forum page.

This is an opinion only, but I believe it'll help as the forum grows. Currently it's small, compared to how big it'll become after a while.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by atomicdog on Mon Oct 15 18:22:43 MST 2012
The search box should be in the top right side of the page.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by Pacman on Sun Oct 14 14:22:13 MST 2012
As I cannot find a Search field on this forum, I'd like to say that either it's not there, or it's too 'hidden'.
A search function is definitely necessary for a technical forum like this one.
0 Kudos