cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[SOLVED] LPC-Link Debug Error

f_fiorini
Contributor III

Hi, 
I am working with the LPCXpresso LPC11C24 board using USB to flash code on the board and to debug it, but I keep getting the error

MCUXpresso IDE RedlinkMulti Driver v10.2 (Jul 25 2018 11:29:34 - crt_emu_cm_redlink build 555)

Reconnected to existing link server

Connecting to probe 1 core 0:0 (using server started externally) gave 'OK'

Probe Firmware: LPC-Link Probe v1.3 (NXP - LPC-Link)

Serial Number:  WIN64HS12

VID:PID:  1FC9:0009

USB Path:

connection failed - Em(19). Communications with DAP fails - is probe connected to a target?.. Retrying

Failed on connect: Em(19). Communications with DAP fails - is probe connected to a target?

Connected&Reset. Was: NotConnected. DpID: 00000000. CpuID: 00000000. Info: <None>

Last stub error 0: OK

Last sticky error: 0x0 AIndex: 0

No debug bus (MemAp) selected

DAP Speed test unexecuted or failed

Debug protocol: SWD. RTCK: Disabled. Vector catch: Disabled.

(100) Target Connection Failed

This is happening ever since I tried the DEEP SLEEP mode on the LPC11C24. 
I tried using the RESET pin on PIO0_0 but apart from LED2 toggling nothing happens...

Do you know what should I do? 

Labels (5)
5 Replies

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi, 

Please try an ISP reset, check the following link: 

ISP Reset over debug 

Have a great day,

Sol

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

f_fiorini
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply! 
Unfortunately, the link you sent me applies only to LPC-Link2 devices, whereas the LPCXpresso LPC11C24 board only has LPC-Link.

0 Kudos

soledad
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

For this device, there is a single ISP pin. The procedure is then to GND the ISP pin, assert RST, then remove the GND to ISP pin. Once in the ISP bootloader, the target clock configuration is stable, and the debug pins are in their default state - you should be able to start a debug connection.

Note that the actual location of the ISP pin(s) will depend upon your target MCU. For example:

• P0.1 - for LPC11xx and LPC13xx

• P2.10 - for LPC17xx

Have a great day,

Sol

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

f_fiorini
Contributor III

Thanks! 
I've tried entering in the ISP bootloader and the use either CAN or UART to flash the correct example code on the board, but maybe I didn't perform the steps correctly.
What I did was connect GND to pin 0.1 (with 3V3 output on pin 0.3 to assert UART, otherwise left unconnected for CAN), then remove the connection to pin 0.1 and connect the required wires to either PCAN or USBtoUART using FlashMagic.

Am I missing something? What do you mean by "assert RST"? Is it pulling RESET pin (0.0) down?

0 Kudos

f_fiorini
Contributor III

@soledad your second reply solved my issue! Thank you so much