cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK for LPC845-BRK

Jump to solution
Summers
Contributor I

Hi, I'm on arch linux. The linux installer for mcuxpressoide-11.7.1_9211 looks for dpkg (debian) or apt-get (ubuntu) - but I'm on arch, so don't use either of those.

Is it possible to just download the file archive for SDK applicable to the LPC845-BRK (Arm cortex M0+ board). I'll probably just compile with a gcc cross compiler; so need the various header files, startup code, and also whatever you flash the board with.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Summers 

"it possible to just download the file archive for SDK applicable to the LPC845-BRK (Arm cortex M0+ board)."

->> Yes, you can just download the SDK from:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder?hw=LPC845BREAKOUT

Choose :

Alice_Yang_0-1683528287841.png

While I haven't test how to use GCC to compile, you can try on your side.

BR

Alice

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Summers
Contributor I

OK managed to convince mcuxpressoide-11.7.1_9221.x86_64.deb.bin to extract the deb files to the directory installer. Then using "ar" extracted the data files from the .deb files, and installed using tar.

So now running "mcuxpressoide" from the somewhat unusual path of "/usr/local/mcuxpressoide-11.7.1_9221/ide" and it fires up the IDE.

Now trying to install the SDK for the LPC845-BRK board and I get the error

An error occurred while installing the items
session context was:(profile=DefaultProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]org.eclipse.jdt.core.manipulation 1.16.100.v20220513-2002, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.eclipse.actions.InstallBundleAction).
The artifact file for osgi.bundle,org.eclipse.jdt.core.manipulation,1.16.100.v20220513-2002 was not found.

So what went wrong here?

0 Kudos
Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello @Summers 

"it possible to just download the file archive for SDK applicable to the LPC845-BRK (Arm cortex M0+ board)."

->> Yes, you can just download the SDK from:

https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/builder?hw=LPC845BREAKOUT

Choose :

Alice_Yang_0-1683528287841.png

While I haven't test how to use GCC to compile, you can try on your side.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos
Summers
Contributor I

Thanks Alice,

Have downloaded.

GCC usually isn't the hard bit. Its getting the right headers, libraries, and startup files. Knowing the memory map of the device for linking. Having a program to flash the device, and have converted the package into the right format.

These things take time, anyway let me dig and see how far I get.

0 Kudos