Reading content of Microchip EEPROM (SSP)

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading content of Microchip EEPROM (SSP)

pszemol
Contributor I

I can use some help, guys...

I am interfacing LPC1788/LPC4088 cpu to a 1kbit Microchip serial EEPROM (93C46B).

I see the SSP controller can be configured to work in the "microwire" mode... cool.

How do I transmit 9 bits to the EEPROM to issue its READ command?

EEPROM datasheet requires me to send 1 as a start bit then the READ opcode '10' (2 bits) and then A5..A0 bits of address (total of 9 bits) and then 16 clocks to allow the slave chip to output 16 bits of data.

Check out page 5 of http://ww1.microchip.com/downloads/en/DeviceDoc/20001749K.pdf

How do I configure the SSP in cpu for such operation?

Do I set Control Register's DSS bits to 9 bits transfer? 16 bits transfer?

Any other way to make this CPU and this EEPROM talk without bit-banging on gpios?

Anybody with a clue? :-)

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and the opportunity to serve you.

I'd highly recommend you to refer to the CMSIS-Compliant standard peripheral firmware driver library which contains the SSP_Microwrite demo, and I've also shared the link below.

LPC177x and LPC178x CMSIS-Compliant Standard Peripheral Firmware Driver Library (Keil, IAR) | www.LP...
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos