cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re-map vector table to SRAM - LPC51U68

carlosmedeiros
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm working with LPC51u68, and I want to copy the vector table from flash to SRAM0.

Vector table is at 0x00000000 at flash and need to go to 0x20000000, from what I understand from the user manual.

I used the VTOR register, and developed the following function:

pastedImage_1.png

What do you think of my approach is it correct? I am having doubts on using g_pfnVectors defined in the srtatrup file, is this really my vector table?

Thank you.

Carlos Medeiros

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

chc_medeiros
Contributor II

Hello Alice!

It's me Carlos, I had to change my email. 

Thank you for the reply it was very helpful.

One more question, I understand the CopyInterruptToSRAM(), but after this I need to change the content of the VTOR right?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:

BTW, do you development Secondary bootloader ? If yes, are you sure remap data from 0x000 to SRAM?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have my bootloader in flash and my APP on SRAM, so I need the remap function when I want to do a jump to APP or jump to boot.

Thank you,

Carlos Medeiros

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello  Carlos,

Yes, you need to change the content of the VTOR , also need to configure SP before jump, the code like below:

typedef  void (*pFunction)(void);
pFunction Jump_To_Application;
static uint32_t JumpAddress;

void run_to_app(void)
{
          JumpAddress = *(__IO uint32_t*) (ApplicationAddress + 4);

/* Jump to user application */
          Jump_To_Application = (pFunction) JumpAddress;
          /* Initialize user application's S4tack Pointer */

__set_MSP(*(__IO uint32_t*) ApplicationAddress);
          // the contents of the first address of the image, not the address itself.

SCB->VTOR  = ApplicationAddress & 0x1FFFFF80;
          Jump_To_Application();
}

Have a great day,
TIC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Carlos Medeiros ,

You can directly define the Destination address to 0x20000000, Source address is 0x00000000,

like this:

void CopyInterruptToSRAM(void)
{
    unsigned int * flashPtr, * ramPtr;
  unsigned int * uLimit = (unsigned int *) 0x100;

ramPtr = (unsigned int *)0x20000000;    //load RAM starting at 0x20000000,
        flashPtr = (unsigned int *)0x0000;            //start of interrupt vector table
      while(flashPtr < uLimit)
            {
                *ramPtr = *flashPtr;
                ramPtr++;
                flashPtr++;
            }
}

BTW, do you development Secondary bootloader ? If yes, are you sure remap data from 0x000 to SRAM?

Have a great day,
TIC

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

0 Kudos