cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question for development environment for LPC4078

at-nakano
Contributor II

Hi, 

I have a question regarding development environment for LPC4078.

Target Processor: LPC4078

IDE: LPCXpresso v7.0.0 [Build 92] [2014-02-20] 

Debugger: V1 board with LPC-Link (LPC1769 mounted)

I got a mission from my boss, and that is porting a source code for LPC1763 to LPC4078.

I did made a project based on LPC407x_8x and importing the source code to be porting and as a result, the build successfully completed.

However, when I run "debug"on the LPCXpresso there is an error reported as shown below:

Failed on connect: Ep(01). Target marked as not debuggable.
 Connected. Was: None. DpID: EDB6. Info: WIN64HS12

My questions are:

1. Should I do some other setting other than made a project for  LPC407x_8x?

2. Can I use V1 board with LPC-Link for LPC4078?

Needless to say, I cannot deny the possibility the trouble caused by an design/product failure of target board with LPC4078, but I need your help/support.

So, any information, suggestion, and/or advice will be appreciated.

Regards,

A. Nakano

Labels (1)
6 Replies

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

hi Atsuki,

I'd strongly recommend moving to MCUXpresso IDE (completely free, regardless of code size) and using an LPC-Link2 (~$20). If you have access to a SEGGER J-link or P&E debug probe that is another option (with MCUXpresso IDE). The IDE has improved significantly since LPCXpresso IDE 7 (LPCXpresso IDE was frozen at version 8.2.2 and replaced by MCUXpresso IDE) and the LPC-Link2 debug probe (or others I mentioned) is much faster and better supported. The combination of boards you have should work however.

If you have access to the ISP pin of the LPC4078 you could try pulling that low as the part is reset; this will put the part into the ISP boot routine, which can give the debugger a better chance to get debug access.

regards,

Brendon

0 Kudos

at-nakano
Contributor II

Hi Brendon,

Thank you for your support.

As you reccomended to, I bought two LPC-Link2 and connect them then successed to run LPC437_LEDblinky.
Based on that, I replaced one LPC-Link2 with out original LPC4078 board (hereafter, "4078board"), then run the progam to be porting, but have a new error message which I never seen before.
(Note that I still using LPCXpresso)

The error message is shown below:
Connection reset

Connection reset
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at java.net.SocketInputStream.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.readBytes(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.implRead(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read0(Unknown Source)
at sun.nio.cs.StreamDecoder.read(Unknown Source)
at java.io.InputStreamReader.read(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.receive(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.open(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.<init>(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.getRedlinkServer(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.client.RedlinkServerClient.getRedlinkServer(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.common.redlinkserver.RedlinkServerEmuHandler.getRedlinkServerClient(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.common.redlinkserver.RedlinkServerEmuHandler.close(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.common.redlinkserver.RedlinkServerEmu.close(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.common.redlinkserver.RedlinkServerEmu.connect(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.debugcommon.emulator.TargetDiscovery.connectEmulator(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.dsfdebug.dsf.services.TargetDiscoveryService.connect(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.dsfdebug.dsf.override.CRTTargetConnectionSequence.internalTargetSelect(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.dsfdebug.dsf.override.CRTTargetConnectionSequence.internalCommonStep(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.dsfdebug.dsf.override.CRTTargetConnectionSequence.stepInitScriptWithProgress(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.dsfdebug.dsf.override.CRTTargetConnectionSequence.stepInitScript(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
at com.crt.dsfdebug.dsf.override.CRTReflectionSequence$ReflectionStep.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.concurrent.Sequence.executeStep(Sequence.java:459)
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.concurrent.Sequence.access$2(Sequence.java:373)
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.concurrent.Sequence$2.handleSuccess(Sequence.java:420)
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.concurrent.RequestMonitor.handleCompleted(RequestMonitor.java:376)
at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.concurrent.RequestMonitor$2.run(RequestMonitor.java:303)
at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$201(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

The message also shown even if I disconnect the 4078board...
I will try some simple program to distinguish the issue but your support/suggestion would be appreciated.

Finally, connection diagram is as follows:
PC - LPC-Link2(with JP2 closed) - 4078board

Regards,

Atsuki

0 Kudos

brendonslade
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Atsuki,

Is there any way you can download MCUXpresso IDE and just give it a try with a basic example created using the "New Project ..." option in the Quickstart panel? It would be easier to do some basic debug that way and confirm if the hardware is working.

Depending on the power demands of your board it is possible the LPC-Link2 can't power it (JP2 inserted means the LPC-Link2 is powering your board.)

Regards,

Brendon

0 Kudos

at-nakano
Contributor II

Hi Brendon,

Thank you so much for your support!

I've already downloaded MCUXpresso IDE and tried basic example using LPC-Link2, then 4078board, and found that the issue was in 4078board... it was not works...

The 4078board has already been modified and seems like the firmware successfully transferred.

So, I can move forward!

Again, thank you for your support, it was so helpful to me!

Regards,

Atsuki

FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Atsuki,

Please check the application note below for reference.

https://www.nxp.com/docs/en/application-note/AN11335.zip

I hope it helps!

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

at-nakano
Contributor II

Hi Felipe,

Thank you for your information and I apologize for my late reply.

I'd check the documents you informed to me.

Regards,

Atsuki

0 Kudos