cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Debugging LPC804 Xpresso Board

tbicim
Contributor I

Hello,

When trying to download and debug LPC804 development board with IAR Workbench using onboard CMSIS Dap I am having issues. The same kit was working fine yesterday.

The program counter is not reaching main and I see errors on the debug log. I tried my own project and 804 IAR example project that comes from the NXP website on two different computers and I have the same issue.

I have attached a ss of the error I am getting.

I also updated the firmware of the debugger by pressing the reset button powering the board and putting the new firmware file downloaded from this website on the usb device. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello tbicim,

How about update debug firmware as below:

3.4 Debugger firmware update
The MP board comes pre-programmed with a CMSIS-DAP firmware image; it is not
normally necessary to update the debugger firmware image, but this can be done by
following the steps below.
1. Hold down the reset button and keep it held down while applying power to the board.
Release reset. Using File Explorer (or equivalent on Mac/Linux platforms), look at the
available drives on your system. A device called CRP_DISABLED will appear.
2. Delete the firmware.bin file on the CRP_DISABLED drive.
3. Drag and drop the firmware.bin file you downloaded from nxp.com on to the
CRP_DISABLED drive.
4. Repower the board.
5. The board should now enumerate on your system - allow 20-30 seconds for this to
complete.

Then check debug configuration on your IAR.

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

tbicim
Contributor I

Hi Frank,

Right now after when I plug in my debug probe I get the comport showing up with mculink but It says debug probe not found. Not sure why this is happening but it is stopping me from inspecting the reset vector. 

0 Kudos

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

> When trying to download and debug LPC804 development board with IAR Workbench using onboard CMSIS Dap I am having issues. The same kit was working fine yesterday.

> The program counter is not reaching main and I see errors on the debug log.

Then, do not run to main !

The particulars of the IAR toolchain escape me at the moment, but set your debugger to stop at the reset vector, and step through the code from there. If necessary, set a breakpoint there manually. This code is located in the startup (either C or assembler).

The startup code initializes all program data (RAM), but more importantly does the clock and FLASH timing settings. If this code is wrong, you never reach main.

0 Kudos

tbicim
Contributor I

Hello Alice,

Erase did not work. Went into isp mode and did flash magic erase. 

Now I get the error probe not found. Tried resetting the board through power and button reset. Didn't work. 

Thanks,

Tuna 

0 Kudos

tbicim
Contributor I

Hello Alice,

I have only used IAR Workbench to work with this board.

I tried the erase flash memory and flashing again as your recommendation. Still getting the same errors.

Will try the flash magic tool now. Can I run that with CMSIS DAP?

Thanks,

Tuna 

0 Kudos

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello,

How about first erase all the chip, or using ISP mode with Flash Magic to erase all ?

BR

Alice

0 Kudos