cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OM13098 Demo sources ?

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

Hello,

I recently got my ordered eval board (OM13098/LPCXpresso54628), and have already tried some example projects.

It came with a nice graphics demo, including touchscreen interaction.

My main question - is the source code for this demo available for download ?

I've only seen the binary.

On a sidenote, I built a SDK for said board, but kept a bit on the lean side.

What components/libs would I need for some "average" graphics (text, lines, etc.), without doing everything myself ?

I built LCDC_TFT demo, which is pretty basic in this regards.

If it's not obvious, I'm pretty new to the NXP/LPCXpresso environment, but havsome experience with other Cortex M devices and toolchains.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Frank,

The   SDK  for the LPCxpresso54628  ( from MCUxpresso SDK builder)  has  LCD code examples .I do recommend to add all the middleware’s during  the SDK  build to do not miss anyone. 

In the MCU SDK you will find GUI examples from NXP emWin Libraries | NXP,    LittlevGL Open-Source Graphics Library | NXP ,   and Embedded wizard.  Those  GUIs  can help you to develop your application with ease. 

I hope this information helps. 

Best regards, Diego

0 Kudos

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.

And to the second part of my question - yes, I have built an SDK with the mentioned graphics libs in the meantime.

I tried an embedded wizard example, which worked out of the box.

But checking it's sources, EW is far too massive for my intended application, which has little GUI parts.

I had checked out the LCD examples as well, but they are quite "bare metal", operating on pixels.

I looked for something inbetween, working on texts and graphics primitives. I have not looked at the emWin framework in detail, this might scale down to suit my purpose.

For the OM13098 demo, are the sources not available ?

Is it based on embedded wizard ? I would guess so, from the looks.

0 Kudos

diego_charles
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi  Frank,

Sorry for the delay,

We do not include additional libraries for graphics rather than the mentioned above.

Please note that the stack and code size requirements increment upon the GUI components you add.

Both  LittlevGL  and  emWin are libraries that require less resources compared to  like embedded wizard.

I do recommend to use a GUI development tool to avoid additional work.

For example  Appwizard, helps you to generate ready to use emWin aplications:

MCU Tech Minutes | Using AppWizard with MCUXpresso - YouTube 

I hope this information helps,

Best regards,

Diego.

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

> We do not include additional libraries for graphics rather than the mentioned above

This is fine for me, I do not really need the sources to build on them.

Just liked to compare the application with the code behind it.

I checked out one emWin example in the meantime, which comes with much less code overhead and complexity.

But I need to read some emWin tutorials, I never worked with it before.

Thanks.

0 Kudos