Measured consumption is greater than the nominal value on LPC54608 Evaluation board

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measured consumption is greater than the nominal value on LPC54608 Evaluation board

jinliwang
Contributor I

I need my board to maintain very low power consumption when idle. The deep sleep mode is an ideal status. But my measured current is about 400uA while the nominal value in the data sheet "LPC546xx" is 23uA. I have spent much time to calibrate it with little improvement. Here is the my configuration to board. If anybody can help me,  I will be very grateful.

1. Configure all pins as GPIO with pull-up resistor disabled in the IOCON block.
  2. Configure GPIO pins as outputs using the GPIO DIR register.
  3. Write 1 to the GPIO CLR register to drive the outputs LOW.
  4. All peripherals disabled.
  5. call the function "POWER_EnterDeepSleep(APP_EXCLUDE_FROM_DEEPSLEEP);" only keeping all RAM active.
  6. insert a multimeter at JP4 between pins 5 and 6 to measure the LPC546xx VDD input current.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

carstengroen
Senior Contributor II

Jinli,

I have struggled with the same problem (and as of now, not found a solution to it). More here:

https://community.nxp.com/thread/451082 

I'm about to do some more testing on a new LPC54606 board I have, but so far all my LPC54608 boards have had the same current consumption, and I'm not able to get to the values in the datasheets (far from)

0 Kudos

jinliwang
Contributor I

Hi carstengroen,

Thank you for your attention.

The problem in the post is very similar to what I encountered. I inspired by your conversation and made the power consumption lower to 270uA on evaluation board. Could you tell me how much current measured on LPC546xx evaluation board?

I am very grateful to you for your dedication on this issue. If you have any idea, please note me.

Looking forward to your reply.

Jinli 

0 Kudos

carstengroen
Senior Contributor II

Jinli,

if you look thru my post above and follow the link, you can see what I have measured

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi jinli wang,

Thank you for your interest in NXP Semiconductor products and 
for the opportunity to serve you.
I was wondering if you can share your demo code, then I can replicate the phenomenon on LPC54608 evaluation board easily, and one more question, which version of evaluation board do you have?

Have a great day,
TIC

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jinliwang
Contributor I

Hi jeremyzhou‌,

Thank you for your attention.

I am testing with the evaluation board marked with 'LPCXpresso546xx Rev C'. And the demo code was put in the attachment. I could get current 270uA  in 3.3V Vdd so far, but it is seem to still a long way to value on data sheet. 

Looking forward to your reply, Thanks again.

Jinli 

0 Kudos