cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXpresso with LPC-LINK2 having error "Target error from Commit Flash write"

jasonl1
Contributor I

Hi,

I am using MCUXpresso IDE with LPC-LINK2 on a board with LPC1769 processor.

The same board and the same code I can use LPCXpresso IDE with LPC-LINK1 or LPC-LINK2 as debugger.

I can use MCUXpresso IDE with LPC-LINK1 as debugger.

However, when I try to use MCUXpresso IDE with LPC-LINK2 as debugger, I will receive the following error:

failed to send op Terminate message - rc Em(17). Debug port inaccessible after access at location 0x10002620
Target error from Commit Flash write: Em(17). Debug port inaccessible after access at location 0x10002620

The board is powered through its own power supply, and as the LPC-LINK2 can work with LPCXpresso IDE, I don't think it is a hardware problem.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Reply

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jason,

First please follow the next steps to update the firmware of the LPC-Link2 :

Download and install the newest version of LPCScypt 2.0, you can download it from the next link.

Put your board in DFU mode by removing JP1. Once you remove JP1 from your board do a power cycle to reset the board.

Go to the following path on your PC and open the script: <LPCScrypt Install Dir>\scripts\program_JLINK

Press any key to run the script. Please refer below image to see the results when the script runs successfully.

pastedImage_4.png

Once the script runs successfully install JP1 on your board and do a power cycle.

Before trying to debug again please erase the old debug files on MCUXpresso IDE as shown below. 

pastedImage_5.jpg

Once you delete the debug files and flash the new firmware please try to debug again. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos