cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MCUXPresso debug problem

woshieric123456
Contributor II

Dear NXP engineer,

after cloned/compiled the project code(MCUXpresso(11.0.0_2516) and SDK(2.6.3),LPC55S69 silicon version is 0A, board version is A1) from git server successfully,

i tried to debug it(MCUXpresso(11.1.1_3241 ) and SDK(2.7.0),LPC55S69 silicon version is 1B, board version is A2), I got problems to debug it,

and there are some error message,pls see the attached file(debug info.txt & debug error.png).

is there any operation should I do to let me debug well?

dd
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

converse
Senior Contributor V

Is this a custom board?

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

LPC55S69 1B works for:

• MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0 and newer
  • SDK2.6.3 and newer

SO this combination (MCUXpresso v11.1.1_3241 and SDK2.7.0,LPC55S69 silicon version is 1B) should have no issue.

I wonder the problem is on chip side, but I am not 100% sure. To verify it, please try:

• Download and install the latest MCUXpresso IDE 11.2.1
  • Download and install the latest SDK 2.8.2
  • Create a NEW workspace and import led blinky demo from SDK.
  • Test the connection. How does it work?

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

woshieric123456
Contributor II

my colleague has both the demo board(silicon reversion is 1) and customer board(silicon reversion is 0A), these silicon reversion(1/0A) is old.

and i have the demo board(silicon reversion is 1B, board reversion is A2, the reversion is latest).

dd
0 Kudos

woshieric123456
Contributor II

Hi Jennie,

SO this combination (MCUXpresso v11.1.1_3241 and SDK2.7.0,LPC55S69 silicon version is 1B) should have no issue----->yes, you are right, if I use the NXP example code/my own code with MCUXpresso v11.1.1_3241 and SDK2.7.0, and debug with board(silicon reversion 1B, board revisionA2), no issues.

my colleague overseas has the board(silicon reversion 1/0A), and write some code based on MCUXpresso IDE v11.0.0_2516, SDK 2.6.2 , he can debug without any issues and push the code to the git server. then I cloned the code from git server, I was able to compile the code, but when I tried to debug with the board on my side(MCUXpresso(11.1.1_3241) and SDK(2.7.0),silicon reversion is 1B, board revision A2), I got issues(pls see the error message/screenshot).

could you help to look into it?

dd
0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Is this problem for all the SDK demo code retrieved from GIT?

For example, how it works if helloworld or led blinky?

If this problem is a common issue for all demos, please send me the led blinky demo code from GIT to me ( don't send me your working project), I will test it directly on my side. 

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

woshieric123456
Contributor II

Hi Jennie,

thx for your reply.

1. for me and my colleague overseas, we have different version of IDE/SDK/silicon reversion.

my colleague will use the latest version of IDE/SDK, and I will try it again and then give you the further information. and I do not think it's problem of SDK demo code.

2. I got some information from NXP website: the LPC55S6x family was initial silicon die version was 0A, and this silicon was using on Revision A1 LPCXpresso55S69 boards. Revision 1B silicon has been used on Revision A2 boards. Both versions of silicon support the new, more robust debug session request method, but 1B silicon requires its use. If the correct version of IDE and/or debug probe drivers are not used then debug operation will be affected or non-functional......

we already made some board with chip LPC55S69(silicon reversion is 0A), should we use the chip 1B reversion to replace it? is it a must?

dd
0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

0A revision is first generation of LPC55S69, and we will never sell it. Now all LPC55s69 from NXP is 1B revision.

Here is Understanding of 0A and 1B revisions. It lists the main differene.

https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPC-Microcontrollers-Knowledge/Understanding-LPC55S6x-Revisions-and-Too...

If your 0A part has already soldered on board, no need to replace it with 1B.

Have a nice day

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

woshieric123456
Contributor II

Hi Jennie,

I already got the board with silicon reversion 1B, and I will get the board with silicon reversion 0A, then I will try to debug with these boards and with the same project, and then see what will happen, I will give you the feedback if I get blocked. thx.

dd
0 Kudos