cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCxpresso546

blair_smyth
Contributor I

Hi There,

I am using the LPCXpresso546 EVM and i believe i have a build on the EVM that has hard faulted and cannot seem to conect the device to my IDE.

The probe cannot be found and i am using CMSIS DAP.

Is there a way i can erase what is on the device and reconnect?

Kind regards,

Blair

0 Kudos
10 Replies

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

> The probe cannot be found and i am using CMSIS DAP.

This sounds like you somehow damaged it physically. The debug adapter and target are mostly independant, so the CMSIS-DAP should be found when the proper PC driver is installed.

However, they are "linked" via the power supply. If the EVM has such a possibility, check the current consumption. And/or check the supply voltages (+5V, +3.3V).

0 Kudos

blair_smyth
Contributor I

Hi there,

Thanks for the reply, ive recently gotten myself a new EVM straight out of the box, i cannot seem to see the device on my computer through device manager and my IDE still cannot find the probe.

Any other ideas where i might be going wrong?

Thanks,

Blair

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

If you haven't already try different USB ports on your computer. Also try changing the USB cable. Finally, make sure you are connecting to the correct port on the large board.

0 Kudos

frank_m
Senior Contributor III

Or a different PC. It should at least show up as unknown USB device, check the device manager (under Windows).

0 Kudos

blair_smyth
Contributor I

I have tried different USB ports, tried my other laptop and still isnt recognised.

I have the USB connected to j8 and perform a software reset, holding down ISP0 and toggling reset, but still no connection showing in the device manager, even as an unknown device.

I am able to use a UART programming tool and have loaded the gpio_led_output program from the SDK to the device and when loaded pressing SW2 does illuminate LED3.

So it seems the EVM is working correctly but i just cannot connect to it over USB to program or to debug with my IDE.

Blair

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

You may need to use JP5 and LPCScrypt to reload the debug firmware image.

0 Kudos

blair_smyth
Contributor I

Do you or anyone have the correct link for the LPCScrypt?

The one i am trying to run doesnt seem to work.

I am trying to run LPCScrypt v2.1.2 Nov 2020

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

That is the latest version of LPCScrypt.

Please explain what you mean by "doesn't seem to work" - describe what happens, any messages etc.

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Blair,

You said that you use LPCXpresso546 EVM, can you tell me the concrete board name in detail? for example the LPCXpresso54608 EVM or LPCXpresso54628 EVM.

Secondly, you said that you can not connect to the board, I think this is a trick, you can hold ISP0 button, then press/release Reset button, then you can try to download the code and check if you can communicate.

Regarding the hardfault, I suppose your code has issue, pls download an example code in SDK package and have a try.

Hope it can help you

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

blair_smyth
Contributor I

Hi Xiangjun,

I am using the LPCXpresso54628 EVM, I have tried to hold down the ISP0 button and reset, then i try to connect to the device but still no probe is found.

Even in my computers device manager there is no USB device detected.

I am able to connect to the device over UART and program bin files that way, and have uploaded an example project to the device, but i still cannot get a connection on j8 for USB.

Thanks,

Blair

0 Kudos