cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso845MAX FreeRTOS

eddie_vazquez_h
Contributor II

Hello community,

I am currently using the above board based on LPC845 with Cortex M0+ core, I was wondering if there is an example project of basic FreeRTOS for this microcontroller such as the one in Debug freertos_blinky (also it is mentioned here but never linked so a link to the FreeRTOS example used would be nice) . Or can this one be used for this board?? I am using sdk and MCUxpresso IDE. Precisely I would like to know if there are ports for this micro? If not a slight overview of how difficult and the overall process to port a FreeRTOS for M0+ of another micro would be ?

Thanks a lot.

Eddie

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

edward_c_sewell
Contributor II

Hi Eddie,

I asked a similar question about how to get FreeRTOS on the LPC804 board. I got an answer from Erich Styger in the form of a tutorial which was very helpful and I did manage to get FreeRTOS running on the LPC804. The LPC804 is very resource constrained (4K SRAM) and I only managed to get a single task running on the LPC804. Now I'm using a LP845MAX (16K SRAM)and trying to get FreeRTOS on this board and hopefully have more tasks running.

See link below for tutorial for adding FreeRTOS to LPC804.

https://community.nxp.com/thread/533404 

Best,

Ed

0 Kudos

ErichStyger
Senior Contributor V

The SDK 2.5 for the 845MAX and SDK 2.7 for the LPC845-BRK (these are the ones I use) do not have FreeRTOS included. But because FreeRTOS is very generic and works the same way on all ARM Cortex M, I had it easily ported.

You can find examples with FreeRTOS on mcuoneclipse/Examples/MCUXpresso/LPC845-BRK at master · ErichStyger/mcuoneclipse · GitHub 

You might find this useful:

DIY Stepper Motor Clock with NXP LPC845-BRK | MCU on Eclipse 

which describes one of the projects with FreeRTOS.

I hope this helps,

Erich

0 Kudos

rob_lepage
Contributor I

Eddie,

Did you get FreeRTOS running on the LPC845?  I am looking to do the same thing now, and would welcome any pointers (or a working project/sdk).

Thanks,

-Rob

0 Kudos

eddie_vazquez_h
Contributor II

Please download mcuxpresso and there you will surely find an sdk for LPC845 that would include FreeRTOS example. If not and you didn't find any other example, try using an example of another microcontroller with the same core (Cortex m0+) as FreeRTOS ports usually account for the core rather than the micro model. If I am not mistaking m0 ports can work with m0+.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Eddie,

freertos_blinky demo is included in lpcopen package. While there is no lpcopen SDK for LPC845, thus, we don't have same freertos_blink for this target.

For LPC845, the recommended code pakage is MCUXpresso SDK or LPC845 code bundle.

LPC84x 30MHz|Arm® Cortex®-M0+|32-bit Microcontrollers (MCUs) | NXP 

some of MCUXprosso package support Amazon-FreeRTOS Kernel. but for LPC845, there is no support for it so far.

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos