LPCXpresso845-MAX board Can't use ISP mode Reprogram

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso845-MAX board Can't use ISP mode Reprogram

xiangchangmo
Contributor II

LPCXpresso845-MAX board boot reset and pull down ISP(PIO0_12) pin, always press ISP KEY, MCU will into ISP mode,and then use nxp's Flash Magic tools for lpc845 MCU reprogramming. 

I read FAIM word 0 and found that there was no problem, I also tried using CRT to send the 0x3f command to LPC845 in ISP mode, but still didn't get a reply from mcu. the mcu running is SDK's example code.

In the same way, I've successfully programmed on the LPC824 life development board, but LPCXpresso845-MAX board just can't program in ISP mode, I don't know why?

pastedImage_7.bmp

pastedImage_10.bmp

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
3 Replies

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello xiangchang mo,

I was able to reproduce the behavior that you mentioned. I found that the problem was with the default values of the FAIM. For this I used the example  FAIM_and_Clocks from the code bundle and the user manual Table 5 and Table 6 from the chapter 4.  In these tables you can see that to use USART0 as the interface for ISP bits 30 and 31 from the word 0 of the FAIM should be 0. The value from the word 1 should be 0x1918 to use P0_24 UART_RX and P0_25 UART_TX. 

pastedImage_1.png

When I use the example of the code bundle mentioned before I found the following. 

pastedImage_2.jpg

So, as you can see the value of the word 1 from the FAIM was not correct. Once I programmed the correct value (you can do this using the same example, follow the instructions of image) I entered to ISP mode correctly. In my case the value of the word 0 was correct, however I recommend you to check also this word and if it's incorrect you will need to program this word of the FAIM too. 

pastedImage_4.jpg

Link to download the Code Bundle. 

Link to the user manual. 

Hope it helps!

Victor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

xiangchangmo
Contributor II

You're right. I just misconnected RX TX.

thank you very much

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello xiangchang mo,

I'm checking this thread, I will let you know when I have the results on my side. 

Regards,

Victor. 

0 Kudos