cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso v7.3.0 now available

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Tue Jul 15 02:13:12 MST 2014
LPCXpresso IDE v7.3.0 is now available. For details, please visit:

http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/lpcxpresso-latest-release
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Mon Jul 21 01:25:36 MST 2014
3. Which Error?
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by IanB on Sun Jul 20 09:45:31 MST 2014
1. Not hard at all to press the stop button, also dead easy to click "debug" again with out remembering to press the stop button!
The confusion arises from the error message that follows!

2. I searched the fora and found this:
http://www.lpcware.com/content/forum/debug-cannot-launch
which is exactly what I was experiencing.
I didn't manage to extract the log because it wouldn't respond to "cancel", but I do know that it was sending copious amounts of data on the SWDIO/SWCLK lines.

What I have found, and this might help other people, is that it needs a good USB lead. The high resistance ones made from copper-coated-steel wires tend to cause problems which generate random error messages when trying to establish the link.

My project was even weirder - if I had an SD card connected to the SPI then it hung at 97%, but without the SD card connected, it mostly worked (but not always). I checked the power supply on the 'scope, but didn't find any glitches. I'll power up the hot-air-rework station and try a new processor.

3.I tried the "help on this error" on one that really puzzled me - it lead to a "code 404 error"!

4. Thanks for that - both of you - I'm a mac user - right clicking doesn't come naturally to us - the two-button mouse is still quite a novelty!
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by lpcxpresso-support on Sun Jul 20 01:54:00 MST 2014

Quote:
1. If I forget to terminate the debugging process before re-compiling, how about telling me? or automatically terminating it? instead of going all the way through the process and then giving a "cannot connect" error?

2. A few improvements to the LPC link interface to stop if hanging at 97% with "Configuring GDB".

3. Error messages that are not quote so arcane and full of unexplained acronyms, so that I can actually figure out the error from the error message?

4. Some way of knowing what is going to happen when I try to rearrange the windows on the screen? and some way of getting back to the initial state when I have managed to lose one of the windows completely?

1. The problem is that it is perfectly valid to start two debug sessions at the same time - just not to the same target. We do not know, until you start the debug session, that you want to debug the same target. How hard is it to press the Stop button?

2. Please explain. We do not know of any issues with starting a debug session. If you have and example, please post the Debug Log
http://www.lpcware.com/content/faq/lpcxpresso/debug-log

3. We are always willing to improve the error messages. Please give examples of the error messages and acronyms that you don't understand. Note that many of the errors have a "Help on this error" button which, when pressed, will take you to a web page giving more information.

4. I don't understand this point. If you re-arrange the windows, they will re-arrange - that is what will happen. You can always reset the perspective by right-clicking on the perspective name (top right of the IDE) and select Reset. Suggest you also read the documentation on Perspective (Help->Help Contents, and search for perspective; or read the Workbench User Guide, in the same place)
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by TheFallGuy on Sun Jul 20 01:14:30 MST 2014

Quote:
Some way of knowing what is going to happen when I try to rearrange the windows on the screen? and some way of getting back to the initial state when I have managed to lose one of the windows completely?

In the top right, there is a button that shows the name of the current perspective. If you right-click on it, and select Reset, the windows are reset to the default layout.

0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by IanB on Sun Jul 20 00:06:38 MST 2014
Another new release?
Could I be so bold as to suggest a few small irritations that I think could do with fixing?

1. If I forget to terminate the debugging process before re-compiling, how about telling me? or automatically  terminating it? instead of going all the way through the process and then giving a "cannot connect" error?

2. A few improvements to the LPC link interface to stop if hanging at 97% with "Configuring GDB".

3. Error messages that are not quote so arcane and full of unexplained acronyms, so that I can actually figure out the error from the error message?

4. Some way of knowing what is going to happen when I try to rearrange the windows on the screen? and some way of getting back to the initial state when I have managed to lose one of the windows completely?
0 Kudos