Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCXpresso 54608 connection issue

yashbohra80
Contributor I

When trying to debug using link 2 probe (link server) this error occurs 

Error in final launch sequence
Failed to execute MI command:
-target-select extended-remote | crt_emu_cm_redlink -msg-port=54569 -g -mi -2 -pLPC54608J512 -vendor=NXP --reset= -ProbeHandle=1 -CoreIndex=0 -cache=disable --flash-driver= -x C:/Users/Workstation1/Documents/MCUXpressoIDE_10.3.1_2233/workspace/lpcxpresso54608_hello_world/Debug --flash-dir C:/Users/Workstation1/Documents/MCUXpressoIDE_10.3.1_2233/workspace/.mcuxpressoide_packages_support/LPC54608J512_support/Flash --telnet 3330
Error message from debugger back end:
Remote communication error. Target disconnected.: Success.

When trying to debug using PE Multi link this error occurs :

pastedImage_1.png

Error in services launch sequence
PEmicro GDB Launch Failure : The GDB Server was not able to establish a connection to the target processor. Please check your connections and power. Verify that the launch settings in the Debug Configuration are accurate.

When using LPCXpresso 54608 as MSD it cannot be flashed in device manager neither as lpc device nor as a port

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
10 Replies

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yash, I hope you're doing well!

As I said in the other thread,

To use the Link2 debug probe you need to make sure J1 is in the correct setting, if you're trying to debug the using the on-board Link2 Debug Probe or an external debug probe, you should leave it open. If you instead want to debug an off-board target MCU, you should shunt the jumper. For more information, you can check Table 1 of the LPCXpresso546x8/540xx/54S0xx Board User Manual, located here.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

yashbohra80
Contributor I

Is there any jumper settings I am missing or any connection issue or some software or drivers update issue  ?

0 Kudos

yashbohra80
Contributor I

Also , I don't understand why i am not able to use this as mass storage device , Reset and ISP switches combinations are not working at all.

and every time i get same errors as i mentioned above . 

Further, I tried updating the firmware following the instructions provided in this link https://os.mbed.com/teams/NXP/wiki/Updating-LPCXpresso-firmware , but while using the command program CMSIS.cmd binary_file_name.bin i got error message that not recognized as internal or external command.

I am just trying to run a simple sample program gpio led output but i am facing  alot of issues , i hope you can provide a solution to this problem.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yash, I hope you're doing well!

Can you please show me what Device Manager is showing? Or if the device is even being recognized by your computer?

It should look something like this:

pastedImage_1.png

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

yashbohra80
Contributor I

Hi Sebastian,

The device is being recognized as port in device manager same as shown above.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yash,

This is the process I followed to program the LPC54608:

• First of all, I redownloaded the latest SDK version for the LPC54608 MCU from our website and tried programming and debugging it again. The version of the SDK I downloaded was this one:

pastedImage_2.png

• For programming and debugging the board, I used the following jumper and USB cable configuration:

pastedImage_3.jpg

• I used the LED Blinky example code to test, I built the program, and then I pressed the Debug button on MCUXpresso to download the code to the MCU. The debug mode was enabled correctly and I could freely control it:

pastedImage_4.png

Could you please compare your board to the picture I attached to the post? Maybe some jumpers on your board are not being configured correctly.

Furthermore, if you programmed another example before in your board, maybe it's stuck in a sleep state. To circumvent this, you can boot into ISP mode before programming by pressing the Target Reset button (SW1) while holding the ISP0 (SW4) button. This way, the LPC is put in a special programming mode, so it can be programmed even if some code is putting it to sleep or the core is locked.

I hope this helps,

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

yashbohra80
Contributor I

Hello Sebastian ,

Thank you for your reply , I did the same connections as shown above but after debugging I am getting these error messages shown above.

0 Kudos

Sebastian_Del_Rio
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Yash,

Could you please try unlocking your LPC board with the following guide?

First, could you please download and install the latest LPCScrypt version from our website and the latest J-Link Software and Documentation pack from the Segger website.

Install them, and then please try reinstalling the included drivers in the "Drivers" folder in your install location (by default it should be C:\nxp\LPCScrypt_2.1.0_842). After doing that, please go into the scripts folder and launch the "program_JLINK.cmd" script.

On your board, please make sure the DFU link jumper (JP5) is shorted, and then connect your board, then press any key. Your board will now have Jlink installed. Remove the DFU Link jumper (JP5) and restart your board.

pastedImage_2.png

After doing that, launch Jlink Commander and type unlock LPC5460x:

pastedImage_3.png

After doing that, try connecting to the device by typing "connect", pressing enter and selecting SWD as the Target Interface, and after pressing enter one more time you should see something similar to the following screenshot:

pastedImage_4.png

Best regards,

Sebastian

0 Kudos

yashbohra80
Contributor I

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos

yashbohra80
Contributor I

hello,

I tried using Link2 Debug Probe and an external debug probe(PE Micro) both and i kept j1 open in these cases. But still the same error

0 Kudos