Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPCOpen 1.03 SCU I/O mode definition error

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wlamers on Wed Aug 07 10:50:36 MST 2013
This is probably already solved in version 1.04 of LPCOpen or elsewhere discussed, but to be sure I mention it here.

The SCU function mode definitions (pull-up pull-down, repeater etc) in the header file scu_18xx_43xx.h are incorrectly defined. The confusion is probably caused by the fact that disabling the internal pull-down mosfet requires setting bit 4 high instead of low (EPUN, see table 134-136 starting on page 299 of revision 1.6 of the UM).

Replace the following definitions:

#define SCU_MODE_MODE_INACT        (0x0 << 3)/*!< Disable pull-down and pull-up resistor at resistor at pad */
#define SCU_MODE_MODE_PULLDOWN     (0x1 << 3)/*!< Enable pull-down resistor at pad */
#define SCU_MODE_MODE_PULLUP       (0x2 << 3)/*!< Enable pull-up resistor at pad */
#define SCU_MODE_MODE_REPEATER     (0x3 << 3)/*!< Enable pull-down and pull-up resistor at resistor at pad (repeater mode) */

With these:

#define SCU_MODE_MODE_INACT        (0x1 << 4)       /*!< Disable pull-down and pull-up resistor at pad */
#define SCU_MODE_MODE_PULLDOWN     (0x3 << 3)       /*!< Enable pull-down and disable pull-up resistor at pad */
#define SCU_MODE_MODE_PULLUP       (0x0 << 4)       /*!< Keep pull-up resistor at pad (reset value) */
#define SCU_MODE_MODE_REPEATER     (0x1 << 3)       /*!< Enable pull-down and pull-up resistor at pad (repeater mode) */
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wellsk on Wed Aug 07 16:16:00 MST 2013
This post is probably best left up as a refresher on this issue since the next revision of LPCopen is delayed. I even forgot about it myself, but it it's been fixed in the upcoming LPCOpen release.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by GTA on Wed Aug 07 15:27:36 MST 2013
Thanks for bringing this to our attention! I have a few of these in the code I am working with atm.
0 Kudos

lpcware
NXP Employee
NXP Employee
Content originally posted in LPCWare by wlamers on Wed Aug 07 10:59:05 MST 2013
Well when submitting this to the bug tracker I found a similar entry already....

see: http://www.lpcware.com/content/bugtrackerissue/lpcopen-v103-scumodexxxx-and-mdxxx-names-and-comments...

I am sorry for the inconvenience. Can someone please remove this post?
0 Kudos