cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC922F

dayanpadl
Contributor I

Hi all

This is bit old MCU but can you please advice the cheap programmer that I need to flash . I have AVR ISP hoped it can not support 

Thanks in advanced 

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

8051ark4
Contributor I

I found the NXP document  "P89LPC900 In-Circuit Programming (ICP) Specifications"  which gave me the information I needed.

0 Kudos

8051ark4
Contributor I

Can anyone reveal the ICP programming algorithm used by the P89LPC90x microcontrollers ?
Certainly after ~17 years, the secret can be revealed !

I wish to build my own programmer for ICP (I mean true ICP, not IAP).

Thanks

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dayan.

I would suggest you use USB-ICP-LPC9xx from FDI.

USB In-Circuit Programmer for LPC9XX – USB-ICP-LPC9XX - FDI - Future Designs Inc. 

USB-ICP supports the new In-Circuit Programming or ICP mode on NXP Semiconductors microcontroller families such as the LPC9xx. In-Circuit Programming uses a two-wire serial interface to program and erase ICP enabled microcontroller devices without removing them from the system. The ICP function uses only five pins: VCC, GND, PCL, PDA, and RSTn. A small connector is all that is needed to interface your application to the USB-ICP programmer.

Documents:

https://www.teamfdi.com/wp-content/uploads/USB-ICP-LPC9XX.zip 

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

dayanpadl
Contributor I

Dear Jun Zhang,

Thanks for the advice and information

USB ICP from DFI little high price for my budget. Can you please provide me a schismatic to design the PCB it like serial port support which can be used to connect flash magic software 

Thanks in advanced 

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dayan,

The programmer schematic is other company's business and we don't have.

I guess the USB-ICP-LPC9XX programmer from Future Designs Inc that I suggested is perfect for that.

LPC922F has been out of life for ten more years. You need contact the programmer producers if they are available for sale.

Options:

Advantech LabTool series
Advin SpeedPro series
BPM various programmers
CooCox CoFlash
Data I/O various programmers
Elnec various programmers
ESAcademy FlashMagic ISP SW
FDI USB-ICP-LPC9xx
Hi-Lo Systems ALL-100
Leap Leaper / SU / AH
Phyton ChipProg series
pls UDE MemTool
Raisonance RFlasher7
SMH Technologies FlashRunner for LPC
Xeltek SuperPro series
ZLG SmartPRO / EasyPRO

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

dayanpadl
Contributor I

Grate Thanks for the reply

Dear Please see the attached image for MCB 900 schismatics

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AvrJlo2hoIofgxj1i5cfzgcsEyBs

My question is

In the image black cycle parts is serial port and IC

I am planing to design a PCB as per Black cycle area . Once I completed the PCB can I able to flash the LPC922F MCU with Flash magic software

Please advice

Thanks in advanced

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Dayan,

I can't open your link.

Besides, can you please shed light on your questions?

Jennie Zhang

0 Kudos