Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC845 samples not compiling on Keil using 12.1.0 pack and ARM compiler 6

matteofumagalli
Contributor I

The compiler shows the following errors:

startup_LPC845.s(xxx): error: too many positional arguments

To fix it i have to delete all the comments at the right of each def_irq_handler definition (maybe .macro thinks spaces are arguments?)

Just letting this here if it happens to other people.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI Matteo

I guess you use Keil v5.30 or later.

Please check the workaround of this issue from ARM Keil.

ARMCLANG: Pre-processing of assembler file in armclang 

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rawsewage
Contributor III

FYI, I've tried this workaround without success.

Even though it does allow the firmware to compile without errors, the firmware image doesn't appear to work properly on the target hardware.

For the LPC54018 IoT Module, I can compile/load the Hello World project with Keil 5.29 and everything works great.

Then I open the same project with Keil 5.31, make the change as suggested (-x assembler-with-cpp) and compile without errors. But after flashing the firmware, it doesn't appear to be running on the target. I certainly don't get any data out the serial port.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Your original question says you use LPC845, if you have issue  LPC54018, please create a new thread.

Regarding to LPC845, please test if the solution works for a simple project for example, blink led.

if the problem is only for a specific project, let me the project name, I will test.

0 Kudos