cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC845 cant target controller

emiliano_klein0
Contributor II

Good morning!
I was working with MCUXpresso ide fine but today when I tried to debug a program I get the message Cannot connect to target. 
What happened?

0 Kudos
5 Replies

emiliano_klein0
Contributor II

Thanks for your fast reply!
I tried booting in the ISP mode, grounding the switch and the vector catch option (I couldn´t find this option in the MCUXpresso IDE, I don´t know if I made any mistake).
I tried in another computer and it is working.
Do you recomend me to reinstall the MCUXpresso?

0 Kudos

victorjimenez
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Emiliano, 

Are you using a custom board or our evaluation board?

Just to be sure that I understood you correctly, on one computer you can see the error that you mentioned before, but on another computer when using the same board you can debug it without problems, am I correct on this?

Normally this behavior is because the MCU is in an unknown state in which the debugger cannot take control. To overcome this problem normally it's enough to put the MCU into ISP mode, this way the LPC is in a known state and then the debugger can take control. You mentioned that this didn't work for you, correct? Did you have the same problem as before or a different one? How did you send your LPC to ISP mode? 

Regards,
Victor 

0 Kudos

emiliano_klein0
Contributor II

I dissabled the Antivirus and nothing.

0 Kudos

emiliano_klein0
Contributor II

I forgot to tell that when I plug the board It makes tipical sound of connected and I see it in the device manager USB COM3

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

1. Make sure you are connecting to the debugger port.

2. try debug recovery: https://community.nxp.com/t5/LPCXpresso-IDE-FAQs/Regaining-debug-access-to-target-MCU/m-p/473923

0 Kudos