LPC845 I2C CLRC663

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC845 I2C CLRC663

Predator72
Contributor I

Hi everyone. I am relative new using NXP microcontrollers. I should have to read the value from a RFID reader (with CLRC663) chip using I2C interface, with a LPC845 microcontroller. I can see there is something similar to try with SPI interface, is it right? Can you support me sending some parts of code about I2C elements and/or something specific for the total application in object, please? Thank you in advance for your attention and for what you'll do for me. Good work. Nice day.

0 Kudos
9 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

NXP provides I2C demo code in MCUXpresso SDK and Code ( https://mcuxpresso.nxp.com/en/welcome ) bundle (https://www.nxp.com/webapp/Download?colCode=LPC845-EX-CODE-MCUXPRESSO ).

Please check if these can help you.

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

Predator72
Contributor I

Hi dear ZhangJennie.

Thank you for your fast reply. Very kind of you. I read that it is possible to translate a code developed with one LPCxxx processor (like the one onto CLRC663 evaluation board, CLEV6630B) to another one, LPC845 in my case. My first problem is : Can I ask to you where I could find the SPI (or I2C eventually and better for me) parts of code for the first processor in order to tranlate them quickly onto the second one (LPC845)? I don't know where the program loaded onto the processor on CLRC663 evaluation board is? Can you specify me where to find it, please? How could I do this translation after? Thank you very much for your support. Nice day. Warm regards.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Please refer CLRC663 Evaluation board quick start guide, page 14, 3 Software.

https://www.nxp.com.cn/docs/en/application-note/AN11022.pdf

You can download NFC Cockpit and NFC Reader Library here

https://www.nxp.com/products/rfid-nfc/nfc-hf/nfc-readers/clrc663-iplus-i-nfc-frontend-development-ki...

Best Regards

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

Predator72
Contributor I

Dear ZhangJennie,

At first, thank you very much for support. I had already read the reference you have suggested to me and already downloaded the "NFC Reader Library" (for example to burn onto the microntroller of  CLEV6630B board in a second time). In effect, my question was "What is the LPC FW indicated at page 14 of AN11022"??? Is it included in the NFC Reader Library (where? which one?) or have I to download it apart from??? I need your support again, sorry.

Good work. Nice day.  

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

NFC reader library includes SW297847.zip。

the default demo is one of the demo code based on different batch. I suggest you use NfcrdlibEx1_BasicDiscoveryLoop

0 Kudos

Predator72
Contributor I

Dear ZhangJennie.

If I use the "NfcrdlibEx1_BasicDiscoveryLoop" project as suggested from you, could I have the same functionality, using COCKPIT interface, like the default firmware version on CLEV6630B board I have now? Thank you for your reply. Or I have to use another one in this case? I am not able to find the "SW297847.zip" you have indicated previously.

You are very kind with me.

Best regards.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Predator72

Sorry. my typo. it should be SW297851.zip

It's inside NFC Reader Library as you already have. download it you will see 

NFC Reader Library - Software support for NFC Frontend solutions

ZhangJennie_0-1606278311035.png

Have a nice day

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi

The MCU on CLEV6630B board is LPC1769 which is M3 core. if you want to port LPC1769 code to LPC845, you can't use the code directly. these two parts are different core.

SPI interface accessible for connection of other MCU. What do you mean "where I could find the SPI (or I2C eventually and better for me) parts of code for the first processor"? If you have the project source code, you should find SPI part of code inside What difficulty do you have?

Best Regards

Jennie

0 Kudos

Predator72
Contributor I

Hi ZhangJennie. Thank you very much for your reply.

I am trying to explain better about my questions. Sorry they were not clear...

My question about I2C is determined from need of having less pins involved for communication because I have to interface the UID read with a device that doesn't have too many I/O pins to obtain other protocol (like SPI for example).

The other is related to fact of resume the first software on LPC1769 on CLEV6630B board. Where can I find the default firmware that is downloaded onto the microcontroller in order to interface with NXP NFC COCKPIT visual interface? In other words, in the "NFC READER LIBRARY" for CLRC633 package what is the program that is onto the CLEV6630B originally, please??? I would like to resume it after I had loaded other custom software or sample in NFC READER LIBRARY code.

No doubt about your fast feedback. Thanks in advance for all.

Warm regards.

0 Kudos