cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC802: SocketException when debugging with LinkServer

mattwalk
Contributor I

Hello,

When attempting to debug my LPC802 board in MCUXpresso, I run into a SocketException error. I have attached the relevant information regarding this error. 

My coworker's board works on my PC and my board works on my coworkers PC, therefore, the problem is isolated to my board on my PC.

I have attempted uninstalling all relevant SDKs, VCOM drivers and MCUXpresso but the error persists each time I reinstall. 

I tried to debug further with a SEGGER J-Link and the connection was refused aswell. 

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, build 17763), MCUXpresso IDE v11.10_3209

I am not sure how to continue, any help would be appreciated!

- Matt

0 Kudos
5 Replies

Livio
Contributor I

Hello Matt

Were you able to fix the problem?

I'm trying to debug an LPC845 breakout board, but get the exact same exception as you each time.
Another board with a J-Link debugger works fine on my PC.

Livio

0 Kudos

converse
Senior Contributor V

My guess would be to check your firewall. It may be preventing the debugger from communicating with gdb, which it does via sockets.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

HI

Do you use a demo board or your own PCB?

You use external SEGGER J-Link debugger? besides, segger J-link, did you try connection with other tool? for instance LPC Link2?

Did your board ever connect your debug probe once?

Have a nice day,

Jun Zhang

0 Kudos

mattwalk
Contributor I

I am unsure what you mean by a demo board or my own PCB. I currently am using the bare board with no peripherals attached. 

I used an external SEGGER J-Link debugger; however, it was unable to establish a connection with the LPC802 either, saying that the board refused the connection. I do not have access to other external debuggers at the moment.

The board used to connect to the debug probe, one morning it just stopped working. 

I am debugging as MCUXpresso IDE LinkServer.

- Matt

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

please try if you can connect board in isp mode.

To identify if the problem is caused by IDE, follow attached video to check if your PC can detect MCU core via Jlink. 

0 Kudos