Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S69: crystal-less design

Jump to solution
EugeneHiihtaja
Senior Contributor I

Hello !

Do I understand right and MCU can be totally crystalless  ? And supports whole declared temperature range ?

PLL0 can use FRO_12MHz and generate 100 or 150 Mhz clocks without any problems.

SPi and I2C can use FRO_12Mhz for clocking ( SPI speed can be 10Mhz ?).

RTC can own FRO32KHz oscillator but it may be not so precise for keep calendar time.

Is this so ? How to calculate possible drift while 1 week ?

What can be problems if no any crystals is not in use ?

Regards,

Eugene

1 Solution
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eugene,

LPC55S69 can be used without external crystal. However, you will not be able to use USB High-Speed without it and RTC will not be as accurate as using external crystal.

Have a great day,
Felipe

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
FelipeGarcia
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Eugene,

LPC55S69 can be used without external crystal. However, you will not be able to use USB High-Speed without it and RTC will not be as accurate as using external crystal.

Have a great day,
Felipe

Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.