Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S16-EVK CLI options

Jump to solution
embedded_eng_
Contributor III

Hi,

I have a LPC55S16-EVK, and I'm using MCUXpresso IDE.

I'm trying to clean & build & flash the board (DFU-MODE) directly from my terminal (Ubuntu).

So far, I tried:

* clean the project with  "make -r clean -C Debug/"

This seems to work, I need to run "mcuxpressoide-11.3.0_5222/MCUXpressoPath.sh" script before the clean.

* build the project with "make -r -C Debug/ all"

Same as the clean, works and I need to run the path script before.

Now, in order to flash the board I've tried to use dfu-util.

dfu-util -d VVVV:PPPP -c 0 -t 2048 -R -D ??

VVVV - Vendor ID

PPPP - Product ID

I'm not sure which file I should pass to the command (instead of ??)

* I tried the axf file in Debug directory and the new program was not flashed to the MCU.

* I tried mcuxpressoide-11.3.0_5222/ide/plugins/com.nxp.mcuxpresso.tools.bin.linux_11.3.0.202101111545/binaries/LPC432x_CMSIS_DAP_V5_361.bin.hdr, and the old program was flashed into the MCU (the last one built directly from the IDE).

What am I missing here?

How should I flash the MCU in DFU mode?

My method to clean & build the project are correct? this should be made from the makefile in Debug directory?

P.S I tried the lpcscrypt-2.1.2_57/scripts/dfu_boot script and had the same issues.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
converse
Senior Contributor V

How about RTM? https://www.mouser.com/pdfDocs/UM11295.pdf

It states

On-chip ROM bootloader supports:
– Booting of images from on-chip flash.
– Supports CRC32 image integrity checking.
– Supports flash programming through In System Programming (ISP) commands over the following interfaces: USB0/1 interfaces using HID class device, UART interface (Flexcomm 0) with auto baud, SPI slave interfaces (Flexcomm 3 or 9) using mode 3 (CPOL = 1 and CPHA = 1), and I2C slave interface (Flexcomm 1).
– ROM API functions: Flash programming API, Power control API, and Secure firmware update API using the NXP Secure Boot file format, version 2.0 (SB2 files).
– Supports booting of images from PRINCE encrypted flash regions.
– Supports NXP Debug Authentication Protocol version 1.0 (RSA-2048) and 1.1
(RSA-4096).
– Supports setting a sealed part to Fault Analysis mode through Debug authentication.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
converse
Senior Contributor V

You can’t use dfu-util to program flash - only load code into RAM (which is typically a boot loader which could then be used to program flash). If you want to use command line only (why?) the read the MCUXpresso user manual chapter on command line flash programmer. You will need a debug probe, such as mculink or lpclink2.

0 Kudos
embedded_eng_
Contributor III

Thanks for the reply.

So what are the MCU's boot modes/options?

Can it boot from USB?

I'm looking for a MCU to use in my PCB.

I need a option to upgrade the MCU's firmware without an external programmer.

0 Kudos
converse
Senior Contributor V

How about RTM? https://www.mouser.com/pdfDocs/UM11295.pdf

It states

On-chip ROM bootloader supports:
– Booting of images from on-chip flash.
– Supports CRC32 image integrity checking.
– Supports flash programming through In System Programming (ISP) commands over the following interfaces: USB0/1 interfaces using HID class device, UART interface (Flexcomm 0) with auto baud, SPI slave interfaces (Flexcomm 3 or 9) using mode 3 (CPOL = 1 and CPHA = 1), and I2C slave interface (Flexcomm 1).
– ROM API functions: Flash programming API, Power control API, and Secure firmware update API using the NXP Secure Boot file format, version 2.0 (SB2 files).
– Supports booting of images from PRINCE encrypted flash regions.
– Supports NXP Debug Authentication Protocol version 1.0 (RSA-2048) and 1.1
(RSA-4096).
– Supports setting a sealed part to Fault Analysis mode through Debug authentication.

0 Kudos
embedded_eng_
Contributor III

Thanks!

0 Kudos