Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC55S16 - ADC

Jump to solution
Dhaya
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm using LPC55S16 (100 pin package) and configured the ADC in 16-bit resolution. While reading the value, ADC value get oscillated more. How I can reduce the oscillation?. Even if i used average of 50, it gets oscillated. Kindy resolve it, if it is possible

0 Kudos
1 Solution
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Pls refer to the spec of ADC of LPC5516,the ENOB is 12.1 bits in 16 bits resolution and single-ended mode, in other words, the low 4 bits is random, the random value is 16 LSB.

But you said that the Oscillating of value for current and previous value is about +/-80 LSB, it is too big, can you share the analog circuit and external analog source impedance?

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1697612855843.png

View solution in original post

3 Replies
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Can you explain what the ADC sampling results oscillation is? If you sample a DC voltage, does the ADC sampling results oscillate? or just the low 3 bits oscillate for every ADC results.

BR

XiangJun Rong

Dhaya
Contributor III

Hi @xiangjun_rong ,

Here we used DC voltage samplings (max. 3.3V) and taken average of 50. Oscillating of value for current and previous value is about +/-80. We used it to verify linear POT which datasheet is attached here

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Pls refer to the spec of ADC of LPC5516,the ENOB is 12.1 bits in 16 bits resolution and single-ended mode, in other words, the low 4 bits is random, the random value is 16 LSB.

But you said that the Oscillating of value for current and previous value is about +/-80 LSB, it is too big, can you share the analog circuit and external analog source impedance?

BR

XiangJun Rong

xiangjun_rong_0-1697612855843.png