LPC54628: Error:Wire ack fault - target connected?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54628: Error:Wire ack fault - target connected?

jbhoi
Contributor II

I am using LPC54628 kit. From debugging and programming image using LPC-Link debug probe. 

In PC, I have installed MCUexpresso to connect with the board via LPC-Link.

As a initial step tried "lpcxpresso54628_gpio_led_output" example to test but i couldn't able to flash to board. I can see below the error every time. 

error.PNG

In GUI of flash image configuration as below

flash.PNG

Anything missing in above to select?

Note: JP5 jumper is shunted . USB cable connected to J1 for power supply and LPC-Link debugger attached. 

Does anyone have idea about how to resolve it?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies

oswaldo-153
Contributor III

any solution for this problem?, i have the board IMXRT1050, in MCUXpresso 11.3, and the latest version of sdk

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi 

I tested LPCXpresso54628 demo board as below setting, no problem connect the board

pastedImage_1.png

I suggest you check below points:

0. make sure you use the latest MCUXpresso IDE version and latest SDK.

1. create a NEW project under a NEW workspace. test connection.

2. test the board with another computer.

3. update on board debug firmware with LPCScrypt.

LPCScrypt v2.1.1 | NXP 

Have a great day,
Jun Zhang

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note:
- If this post answers your question, please click the "Mark Correct" button. Thank you!

- We are following threads for 7 weeks after the last post, later replies are ignored
Please open a new thread and refer to the closed one, if you have a related question at a later point in time.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

jbhoi
Contributor II

Thanks for your suggestion, I have tried all your points like updating LPC-Link2 debug firmware, new project and workspace, latest IDE (MCUXpresso IDE v11.1.1 [Build 3241] [2020-03-02]) and use of another computer but still no luck. See below setup 

1594721575167.JPEG

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Could you please try on board debug interface? It's J8 on board.

pastedImage_1.png

if can't connect with J8, shunt DFU to update the on board firmware, if CMSIS can't connect, try Segger

pastedImage_2.png

0 Kudos

jbhoi
Contributor II

ZhangJennie

Thanks for your suggestions. First, I have tried by updating onboard firmware with CMSIS but using that still same error, see step by step process

debug_screeen.PNG

then

conn_succ.PNG

then

same_error.PNG

So i have tried by updating segger, see below the process     

segger.PNG

segger_ui.PNG

segger_error.PNG

As console of MCUexpresso below prints come

Executing flash operation 'Program' (Program executable into flash lpcxpresso54628_gpio_led_output.hex) - Thu Jul 16 14:04:06 IST 2020
Checking MCU info...
Scanning for targets...
Executing flash action...
SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.80d (Compiled Jun 26 2020 17:17:12)
DLL version V6.80d, compiled Jun 26 2020 17:16:09
J-Link Command File read successfully.
Processing script file...
J-Link Commander will now exit on Error
J-Link connection not established yet but required for command.
Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
Firmware: J-Link LPCXpresso V2 compiled Apr 4 2019 16:54:03
Hardware version: V1.00
S/N: 728693826
VTref=3.300V
Target connection not established yet but required for command.
Device "LPC54628J512" selected.
Connecting to target via SWD
Cannot connect to target.
Script processing completed.
Unable to perform operation!
Command failed with exit code 1

if select the JTAG in GUI Flash tool then it continues in a loop or stuck at below menu

stuck.PNG

Also, I have below configuration for flash

flash_Driver.PNG 

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

we need to know if problem is for a specific project or a common issue for all project.

Please use default SDK helloworld demo code to test, can it connect board?

0 Kudos

jbhoi
Contributor II

Hi ZhangJennie

Same problem with the default demo code of HelloWorld. 

hello_debug.PNG

hello_error.PNG

0 Kudos

sanp
Contributor I

Unable to connect wire for probe index 1.
Error: Wire Ack Fault - target connected?

Unable to connect wire for probe index 1.

at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.checkServerReply(RedlinkServerClient.java:224)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.redlink.client.RedlinkServerClient.wireConnect(RedlinkServerClient.java:1192)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.jtag.AbstractJtagDiscovery.ideConnect(AbstractJtagDiscovery.java:232)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.jtag.AbstractJtagDiscovery.connect(AbstractJtagDiscovery.java:196)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.jtag.AbstractJtagDiscovery.discover(AbstractJtagDiscovery.java:155)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.emulators.TargetDiscovery.jtagDiscovery(TargetDiscovery.java:454)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LaunchScriptUtils.getEmulatorInfo(LaunchScriptUtils.java:257)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LaunchScriptUtils.init(LaunchScriptUtils.java:497)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LaunchScriptUtils.<init>(LaunchScriptUtils.java:165)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.launch.LaunchScriptUtils.<init>(LaunchScriptUtils.java:152)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.services.TargetDiscoveryService.getTargetDiscovery(TargetDiscoveryService.java:138)
at com.nxp.mcuxpresso.core.debug.support.linkserver.override.LSFinalLaunchSequence$TargetDiscoveryJob.run(LSFinalLaunchSequence.java:124)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

We have design a Microcontroller board with LPC55S06-JHI48EL. I am using the latest IDE MCUXpresso IDE v11.5.1 and other latest software from NPX. I am using MCU link to program the board. The MUC link firmware is updated with the latest software. MCU link is connected to PC through USB cable, Other end of MCU link is connected to my pin through 10 pin flat cable .I am getting the following above error. Please suggest a solution.

0 Kudos

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Please try if you can connect board in ISP mode?

0 Kudos